Chapter 7 - The Fair

Start from the beginning

"What are you going to do?"

Ricky shrugged and put the phone back in his pocket.

"Wait, are you just gonna ignore him?"

"Why not?" Ricky shot back. "I can reply later."

David shook his head. "If you say so."

They wandered back into the apartment and Ricky flicked on the TV. "Wanna watch anything?"

It was at this point David waved his hand across the now barren living room. "Where we gonna sit?"

"I was thinking we could sit on a cushion or something. Maybe order some takeout?"

"Pass. Let's eat out instead."

"You paying?"

"Of course not." David snorted.

Ricky sighed and started looking up restaurants he could afford. At some point he was going to force David to go to McDonalds every time he pulled this, but Ricky couldn't stand the food there himself.

"How about Starbucks?"

"Dude, Starbucks is a coffee shop. They don't have food."

"Yes they do. You can get bagels, paninis, cake bites, and all sorts of other junk." Ricky argued. "Take it or leave it, unless you wanna pay?"

David grumbled as he agreed and the two began their walk into town. Yes, Ricky had his own Toyota Corolla he could be driving around in, but with the price of gas he preferred to walk to nearby places, and the nearest Starbucks was just 10 minutes away by foot.

The human barista waved at them as they entered. He had come to this particular Starbucks so many times that they knew him by name and rarely had to ask what his order was. He greeted her with a polite smile and walked up to the counter. They ordered their food, got a couple of latte's, and sat down to eat. David started talking about his most recent adventures in gambling, having lost a couple paychecks to a single machine that he swore was on the verge of giving him a payout. Try as he might, Ricky was never able to explain to the little human why gambling was bad, and he would know. He lost a pretty penny himself back when he was doing it.

Ricky glanced out the window and started watching the people go by. This was the type of day he enjoyed. The sun was out, weather was nice, no urgent meetings, and no surprise ex's popping out of the blue.

As though sensing his thoughts, his phone started to vibrate again. This time it was Thomas asking where he was at.

He responded honestly that he was at a Starbucks for breakfast and went back to listening in on whatever story David was on. That turned out to be a mistake when shortly after, Thomas walked in.

"There you are!" The brunette chirped. "I was looking for you."

David stopped talking and gawked at the handsome newcomer.

"Why were you looking for me?" Ricky asked. 

"Because it's the weekend and I thought we could have some fun together?"

"Well I'm uhh....Kind of busy here." He gestured towards David who threw his hands up defensively.

"Hey, I'm not your personal meat shield over here!"

Ricky shot David a look, which the little human ignored as he stood from his seat. "Sorry Ricky. I've been called many names, but 'Cock Blocker' isn't one of them. Later!"

"You cheap bastard! I just bought you breakfast!" Ricky called after him, forgetting himself in the moment.

David stopped at the door. "Sorry friend-o. A mocha latte and everything bagel is NOT worth pissing off a pack of demons."