Mrs. Kapoor: So u r going to sell it?

Nyonika: No.. Manik suggested a team of trustees!! But Of course, we are gonna be a part of it.

Manik: Yes... And a Managing Director to be the working head.

Mrs. Kapoor: That's actually a really nice idea, getting the trustees, it will surely make ur work easier. A team of people whom u can trust completely, like a family.

Harsh nodded at her in agreement when Nandini said softly,Nandini: Over my dead body!

All the four head snapped towards her in a jerk watching her eating casually with a smile playing over her lips.

Manik: Nandini?

Nandini: Relax... I was saying it to her.

She replied nodding towards Mrs. Kapoor who looked at her with a confused expression.Mrs. Kapoor: What are u saying?

Nandini: U don't think that I actually bought ur entire act of coming here to wish us luck, do you? Come on Mrs. Kapoor, give urself a bit credit here, u have been the same selfish witch for as long as I can remember.

Mrs. Kapoor: Nandini!
Mrs. Kapoor muttered in anger before she sighed loudly, calming herself down and spoke up in a softer tone,
Mrs. Kapoor: Nandini I know I have not been a perfect mother to you, but I m trying here, could u at least give me a chance.

Nandini: Perfect? Forget about perfect, u have been far from a mother. And believe me, even after all that I would be glad to give u that chance if u genuinely wish for it.

Mrs. Kapoor: I do...

Nandini finally looked up at her and smiled softly, her eyes showing off her sadness,
Nandini: Right! U do?? So tell me if I wrong while saying that ur husband was the one to send you here to find out the details of the project. To see how the two of u could somehow get your pockets filled from this and right now there is only one thing in your mind which is a seat amongst the trustees.

Mrs. Kapoor's eyes broadened at her words, having left completely speechless by her while Nandini let out a dry chuckle.

Nandini: Just as I thought! But as I said, u r gonna win over my dead body. So now u r most welcomed to finish off ur breakfast, if u want, or else u know the way out. I m not gonna be the one throwing u out, but that is just for the sake of my family.

And with this Nandini got back to her food, not even daring to look at anyone else. Mrs. Kapoor stared at her for a few seconds before looking at Manik who so much so had absolutely no expression on his face for her. She got up from the table and walked right out of the house without uttering a single word.

Nandini closed her eyes at the sound of the door closing as all her confidence vanished. Leaving her food as it is, she stood up from the chair murmuring,
Nandini: I m done! I m sorry for all of that..

Before any of them could say anything, she was already rushing up the stairs, locking herself in her room.

Manik banged his fist on the table in frustration before burying his head into his hands,
Manik: Damn it! If only I could do something to that woman.

Nyonika: Manik... Relax! She is her mother.

Manik: Well I don't care how she is related, mom. I don't know for how long I can manage her interventions. Why can't she just stay away? It's as if she just knows when Nandini is happy, and she comes storming in to make things so south.

With that, he too got up and moved upstairs to check on Nandini. He entered the room to find Nandini in the closet, looking through her dresses.
Manik: Nandini?

Nandini: Hmn?

Manik: U fine? U just left so suddenly.

Nandini: I m fine Manik... I really am!

She replied before turning around and walking closer to him as she wrapped her arm around his neck.

Nandini: I didn't think I would be. But I m good. I just didn't want all that to happen in front of Mom-Dad and I m really sorry for that.

Manik: They are not! And u have no reason to be sorry. Okay?

Nandini looked at him for a few seconds before smiling broadly as she nodded and kissed his cheek.
Nandini: Now I need ur help?

Manik: Sure? What is it?

Manik asked smiling as she moved away from him moving towards her rack as she picked up two dresses in front of herself.
Nandini: What do u think? Professional look for work or a saree for the pooja? Which look would be better for today?

She asked him, looking down at both the dresses with a confused expression, a pout forming on her face making Manik chuckle.
Manik: Wear what u r comfortable in!

She looked up at him with a glare this time and placed her hands on her waist.
Nandini: U do know that it is the worst answer ever, right?

Manik gave her a cheeky smile moving his fingers through his hair,
Manik: I'd love to see u in a Saree but I m not sure if u will be too comfortable in it.

Nandini smiled at it before throwing the other dress back onto the rack,
Nandini: Saree it is! Now get out of the closet, I need to get ready.

Nandini smiled at it before throwing the other dress back onto the rack,Nandini: Saree it is! Now get out of the closet, I need to get ready

Manik laughed at it before shaking his head at her and moving out.

The Malhotra Family reached the site a few hours later, still having some time left to make the last moment arrangements for the pooja. Manik was immediately surrounded by a few men from the office as they talked work when Nandini spoke up,
Nandini: I'll just go and see if pandit ji needs anything else.

Manik nodded at her as she walked away with Nyonika right by her side. The ladies looked into the arrangements soon after which the few invited guests arrived and the pandit began with the pooja. Harsh asked Nandini to be the one sitting for the pooja, provided it was her project in the first place.

After the short ceremony got over, they planted the first few bricks for the hotel themselves after which the site was finally ready to start up with the work.

As the guests left Nandini saw Harsh standing at a side, looking all around himself. She walked towards him and stood by his side, following his sight,

Nandini: Anything wrong Dad?

Harsh looked down at her and smiled softly shaking his head,
Harsh: No... Nothing is wrong. I m just very proud of u and I m sure ur father is too.

Nandini smiled at this as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder,
Harsh: Good work kiddo!

Nandini: Thanks Dad... Now I just can't wait for this to be all completed.

Harsh laughed out at this shaking his head,

Harsh: Always so impatient!

-----------------------------------------------------

Heyo people... How is quarantine going on for you guys?

I surely do hope u r all inside ur houses, safe and sound.

Here is another update for you all filled up with a bit Family drama. Hope u all like it.

Lots of love,
Navya