Chapter One

Chapter One

                                                                               The First Meeting

The woman set alone at the table for two. Her unnaturally red hair was a beacon in the dim lighting of the restaurant. She wore a tight fitting black mini dress with a red leather bow shaped belt that accented her waist. Her legs were crossed underneath the table and on her feet were a pair of matching red pumps that had bows on the side. She twirled a bite of pasta around her fork as her eyes scanned over a small, leather book that looked to be ancient. Her red painted lips were twitched into a smirk as she read.

"Miss, would you like another glass of wine? And maybe a dessert?" A waiter asked her. He stood on her right next to the table. He was classically handsome. His brown hair was slicked back stylishly and he was tall with baby blue eyes and his black suit fit him to perfection. The woman glanced at him for just a second before her eyes went back to her book.

"Another bottle of wine actually. I've finished this one it seems." She told him waving her hand casually towards her empty glass and bottle of wine. "And as for dessert... I'm in the mood for something chocolate. Surprise me." She told him glancing at him once more with her smirk still in place.

"Of course, miss. I'll be back shortly." The handsome waiter told her before dashing off to complete her order.

"Boring," she muttered to herself. "I really need to find someone more fun." She said as she adjusted her book to continue to read however a voice stopped her. A British accented voice that came from behind her.

"Well love, if a good time is what you're looking for I'm sure I can be of service." The mystery voice said. She didn't even make a move to see who was behind her.

"Hmm, is that so?" She questioned. "I highly doubt you have anything I would want." She told him. "You wouldn't be able to keep up with me."

The mystery man didn't get to answer before the waiter was back to deliver her new bottle of wine along with a large slice of Devil's chocolate food cake that had dark chocolate drizzled beautifully on the top as well as a few raspberries placed neatly in the middle of the slice of cake. She smiled in amusement at the irony of the name of the cake.

"Good choice." She commented as her green eyes stared hungrily at it. "Thank you, I'm think I'm good for now." She shooed the waiter off with her hand. When he didn't immediately move from her side she gave him a sideways glance to see that he was staring over her shoulder at her mystery intruder.

'Men," she thought. 'They don't ever seem to change.'

"Is he bothering you, miss?" The waiter finally asked her.