p r o l o g u e

Zacznij od początku

Jimin's lips gaped, eyes locking with Jeongguk's. He forced a smile, shrugging. "People change, I wouldn't know if you found anymore hobbies." The journalist uttered, looking down at his notepad. "How's Jungkook doing? Still rocking the bowl cut he had in high school?"

Jeongguk found some humor in that, cracking a smile. "Well, he stopped going brown and it's not in a bowl cut anymore. He grew past that. We actually look like twins."

"You guys have always looked like twins." Jimin laughed, smiling warmly.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes playfully. "I guess you could say that."

"And, Tae, how's he?" Jimin asked, tilting his head. He was actually enjoying the conversation but the moment that question was asked, it was like every ounce of joy was ripped away from Jeongguk in a split second.

"I thought we were supposed to talk about my career and how it's been going for me." Jeongguk straightened his posture, tongue-in-his-cheek as he fiddled with his thumbs.

Jimin cocked a brow. "You answered about Jung-"

"Next question, Jimin." Jeongguk made a gesture to the aforementioned's notes, squaring his shoulders.

"Um, yeah . . . Sure, okay." Jimin pushed the ordeal to the side, flipping to the next page. "How was it being drafted to play for the Panthers? I'm sure nostalgic since you played for a Panther team in high school."

Jeongguk hesitantly nodded his head, taking his sweet ole time to give an answer. He sighed, rubbing his brow. "I'm sorry, can I get some water or something?" He inquired, pushing slightly off his seat.

One of the helpers on set handed the football player a bottle of lukewarm water. The said player sipping from that bottle of water he was just handed. More like chugging it down.

Jeongguk huffed, setting the drink beside his feet, letting some people touch up his hair and makeup to give him that effortlessly flawless look.

It was another countdown and then Jimin continued with is questions. They varied from how his life turned out to how football has been going on for him.

Some were a bit more detailed than others. Some responses required Jeongguk to go into a bit more depth than he initially wanted to.

But at the end of the day, he did his interview and it would be edited down to cut out scenes he specifically didn't want to be added in.

Jeongguk was on his way out of the building, the interview finally ending and he being able to catch a deep breath of fresh air until being stopped.

"Gguk, hey," Jimin appeared on his right side. "Um, I was wondering if you and Kook would want to meet up sometime? Seokjin got in contact with me and offered we all hang out. We're meeting back in Seoul so . . . I dunno. It's where majority of us live at so we figured it would be the easiest for us all to connect." He brought the idea to light, rocking on his heels with nervousness. "You guys don't need to come-"

"We'll think about it." Jeongguk cut him off, sparing him a glance. "I'll talk to Jungkook and ask if he wants to go." He added on with a softer tone. "Let me put my number in your phone so you can keep me updated and I can give you a definite answer when the time arrives."

Jimin was surprised but followed along anyways. He reached and pulled out his iPhone, unlocking it. Jimin handed it off to Jeongguk so the younger could make a contact for himself.

"How's Seokjin? Is he still with Namjoon?" Jeongguk asked, typing away his number into the elder man cellular device.

"He's great. He and Namjoon are still together, even married now. I told him it was a shame none of us were invited to the wedding but he said it was private and only for them to enjoy." Jimin replied.

"Ew," Jeongguk handed Jimin his phone back. "To think one of us married is actually ridiculous."

"No, I think you being a professional football player is ridiculous. You and Kook moved to America and never told any of us. You guys really did some big things." Jimin smiled, nudging Jeongguk's arm. "But hey, I'll text you. I have to hurry back to Korea. It was nice seeing you, Jeongguk."

"Yeah," the aforementioned nodded, looking down at his feet. "Nice seeing you again, too. I'll let you know if me and Kook are coming." He said.

The two went their own ways, Jimin back into the building to pack his things while Jeongguk got into his car to drive back to his house where he still lived with his twin brother, Jungkook.

Jeongguk rubbed his hand over his chest, feeling how fast his heartbeat was going. He was so anxious. Jeongguk desperately tried hard, he tried so hard and yet thing after thing just hit him in the face.

One after another.

This was going to be a rollercoaster no one could've prepared for.

_______

Author's Note:
1. You ready?
2. Be sure to read Double Trouble (pt. 1)
3. Vote, comment, follow! Thank you!