Chapter 6

(A/N Your outfit is above, if you don't like it imagine something else. Enjoy!)

(Y/N's POV)
I stand silent next to Stan, as I look at the missing poster in front of me, the name Edward Corcoran standing out the most. Edward Corcoran was our age, a kid just like us. All I could think about though was the clown and how I'm not the only one who saw it.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stan mutters from next to me.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once," Ben commented. Commotion from the street caught my attention. I looked back and saw Richie playing one of the band member's instrument and the band member desperately trying to take it back. I shake my head and laugh slightly, I turn back around to see Bill walking towards the flyer. He gently lifts up the flyer to reveal another missing flyer. Betty Ripsom.

"It's like she's been f-f-forgotten because C-Corcoran's missing," Bill says, I frown. Bill looks down, as he puts Edward's flyer back down.

"Is it ever gonna end?" Stan asks.

"What the fuck, dude?" I hear from behind me, I turn around to see that the band member took the instrument from Richie. I turn back around.

"What are you guys talking about?" I hear Eddie ask behind me, I jump.

"Sorry." He says. I turn around to see him standing there with two ice cream cones and an apologetic face. I smile at him.

"It's fine." I tell him. He licks one of the ice cream cones.

"What they always talk about." Richie replies annoyed. Eddie handed home the other ice cream cone he was holding.

"I actually think it will end, for a little while at least." Ben tells us.

"What do you mean?" Bev asks. I look at Ben.

"I was going over all my Derry research and I cheated out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley Gang in 1935, and The Black Spot in 1962, and now kids being..." Ben trailed off, looking at us, "I realized this stuff seems to happen-"

"Every 27 years." Bill and Ben say in unison. Everyone become quiet. After a few minutes we decide to go sit on a park bench.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what? It just goes back into hibernation?" Eddie questions, breaking the silence.

"Maybe it's like...what do you call it? Cicadas. you know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years." Stan suggests. I look at him.

"Yeah, I don't think it's that." I tell him, shaking my head.

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happened in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike explains.

"But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different." Stan points out.

"Maybe, or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see." Mike suggests. I think back to what happened last night. 'I'm scared of spiders, but not Bill or Georgie.'

"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie tells us.

"But you didn't, because it's not real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing." Stan says to us.

"Is she hot?" Richie suddenly asks. I look at him in disbelief and slap his shoulder. Stan looks at Richie in disgust.

"No, Richie, she's not hot. Her face is all messed up. None of this makes sense. They're all like bad dreams." Stan says in frustration.

"I don't think so, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?" Mike tells us with seriousness in his voice.

"You saw something, too?" Eddie asks.

"Yes," Mike mumbles, his head falling as he thinks back to what he saw, "you guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued, my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me, but it was too hot. When the firefighters finally found them...the skin on their bones were melted to the bone."

A heavy silence fell among us as I look down. Mike looks at each of us.

"We're all afraid of something." Mike tells us.

"You got that right." Richie comments, I look at him.

"Why, what are you afraid of?" Eddie asks. Richie looks behind him, I do, too. Clowns.

"Clowns." Richie replies. I turn around to see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"What are y-you afraid of?" Bill asks. I look at him, then the ground.

"Spiders." I answer. Richie looks at me.

"Spiders? That's what you were screaming about last night?" Richie asks me.

"Yes..." I half lie. I look at everyone else. I see Bev narrow her eyes at me. I look away.