The Childhood Life and a New Life

In the beautiful city of Sydney, Australia, there lived two families, both living next door to each other in the same suburb and the same street. The first family is the Keatings, the father Frank, is a doctor and the mother Donna, is a teacher. They have two sons, Lee and Noah.

Lee (age 12) is the oldest son, and Noah (age 9) is the youngest son, both of the brothers have close, strong relationship. The other family is the Saunders, the father Paul, is a hotel co-owner and the mother Margaret, is a hotel co-owner manager. They have two daughters, Tara and Tori.

Tori (age 10) is the oldest daughter and Tara (age 8) is the youngest sister, and both of them also have a close relationship. The Keatings and the Saunders have been next door neighbours and close friends since the very beginning.

For Noah and Tara, they develop a strong, close bond, became childhood friends, and they were inseparable. Everyday, they would meet up outside the front of their houses, go bike-riding around their neighbourhood, play inside or outside of their houses and enjoying each other's company.

Soon, they would develop small feelings for each other, but both unaware the other also felt the same way for each other. But for Lee and Tori, they knew what's going on between their younger siblings. "Noah, will you promise me that we'll always be together forever?", Tara asked.

"Yes, Tara. I promise you that we'll always be together forever.", Noah sighed. "I promise you too.", Tara sighed and Noah leans in and kisses Tara on the cheek, surprising her, and they share a loving hug.

One day, Tara and Tori came home from school and came home to find their parents worried. Tori knew something was wrong. "Mum, Dad. Are you ok?", Tori asked. "Tara, Tori. Please come and sit down. Your mother and I need to tell you girls something?", Paul replied.

Tara and Tori sat down, as their parents are about to tell them some heartbreaking news. "The hotel is shutting down and your mother and I lost the hotel for good. Meg was crying after Paul broke the news to their daughters, and he comforts her.

"What?", Tara asked in sadness. "What happens now?", Tori asked. "Well, your mother and I have been talking for a while and we decided that we'll make a fresh start in the United States.", Paul replied. Both Tara and Tori were stunned. "You mean, we'll be moving to America?", Tori asked.

"Yes, sweetheart. We are.", Meg replied. This shattered Tara and she ran upstairs to her bedroom, with her family watching her. "Tara!", Paul cried. Tara runs into her room and shuts the door. Then she broke down in tears.

Moments later, Tara was sitting outside of her house, until Noah came by. "Hey.", he replied. "Hey.", she sighed. "Are you crying? What's wrong?", Noah asked. Tara remained silent and yet still in tears. "It's ok, Tara. You can tell me.", Noah replied. Tara hugs Noah in tears, and Noah was surprised as he hugged her back.

"My parents' hotel business closed down.", Tara replied. "What?", Noah replied. "Now, we're moving to America, to have a fresh start.", Tara sighed. "What does that mean for us?", Noah asked. "We can't be friends anymore, because I'll be moving to America, and you'll be staying here.", Tara replied.

"No, Tara. Please don't leave.", Noah begged. "I'm sorry, Noah. But I have to go. It's the only way, that my family and I could make a living.", Tara sighed. Seeing there's no other choice, Noah had to let Tara go.

"I'm going to miss you.", Noah sighed. "I'm going to miss you too.", Tara cried, as the two besties has an emotional embrace. A week later, it was moving day for the Saunders. As Paul and Meg packed their luggages into their car, Tori says goodbye to Lee.

"I'll miss you, Lee.", Tori sighed. "I'll miss you too, Tori.", Lee smiled. "You won't forget me, will you?", Tori asked. "No way! I want you to have this.", Lee replied, taking off his favourite bracelet from his wrist and put it in Tori's wrist. "Your favourite bracelet?", Tori asked.

"I want you to have something to remember me by.", Lee sighed. "Oh, Lee.", Tori sighed, as she quickly removes her beaded necklace and wraps around Lee's wrist, turning it into a bracelet. "But that's your favourite necklace.", Lee replied.

"Like you said, you want me to have something to remember you by, and now I want you to have this, to remember me.", Tori replied. Lee looked at his new bracelet and smiled Tori. "Thanks, T.", Lee replied, as he hugs her. "I'm going to miss you.", Tori sighed. "I'm going to miss you too.", Lee replied.

"Do you really have to go?", Noah asked. "I'm sorry, Noah. But I have to, I don't have a choice.", Tara sighed. "Then, I guess this is goodbye.", Noah sighed. "Yeah, it is.", Tara sighed. "Oh! I almost forgot. I want you to have something.", Noah replied, handing her a small box. "What is it?", Tara asked.

"Open it.", Noah smiled, as Tara takes the box in her hands and she opens it. Inside, was rose gold heart locket. Tara gasped at the sight of it. "Noah... it's beautiful.", Tara sighed.

"I was saving it for your birthday, but since you won't be here, I guess it's the right time to give it to you.", Noah replied, taking the locket out of the box. "Here, let me help you put it on.", Noah replied. Tara turns around as Noah puts the locket around her neck.

Tara turns back to face him. "It suits you perfectly.", Noah replied. Tara noticed there's a keyhole on the locket. "Is that a keyhole?", Tara asked. "Yes, this locket also includes a key.", Noah replied, as he reveals a small rose gold key around his neck.

"You'll keep the key?", Tara asked. "Yes, the locket is locked, so you won't be able to see what's inside, until we meet again someday.", Noah replied. "Yes.", Tara sighed. Then the car horn honks. "Come on, Tara. We gotta go.", Paul replied.

"In a minute, Dad!", Tara replied. "You should go, you don't wanna be late for your flight.", Noah sighed. "Yeah, you're right.", Tara sighed, as she and Noah had one last hug. "I'll miss you.", Noah sighed. "I'll miss you too, until we meet again.", Tara sighed, as she lets Noah go and get into the car.

The Keating family waves goodbye as the Saunders family drove out of their street, and waving goodbye. Noah watched with a smile. "Until we meet again.", he whispered.

Tara and her family then got onto the plane and they flew out of Australia, heading to the United States, for a new journey and a new life.

10 YEARS LATER...