Obsession

Ryder's POV:

Matthew stood in the front. They looked like a flock of birds forming a 'V' shape. He seemed to constantly watch me like he needs to know where I am all the time. I can't seem to escape him; sometimes, I feel like Matthew is obsessed with me. I've been back at school for half a day, and he's everywhere I turn. I was going to walk around him, but he growled at me, I growled back.

"What do you want, Matthew?" I asked him as nicely as I could.

"What are you doing here, Ryder?" Asking me as if it wasn't a coincidence that we keep running into each other.

"Minding my own damn business, what are you doing here?" I snapped back.

"How dare you question me on my territory? I ask the questions around here." He said confidently.

"My bad. I didn't know the school belonged to you. Last I checked, the Forest didn't either." Calming down my voice.

Just speaking with Matthew boiled my blood. As far as I remember, it feels like he's always trying to start a fight. He has always been after me. Never knows when to stop. He really took things too far the last time I was here. Made my life a living hell, and I will make sure he pays.

Flashback

I met Matthew when we were 5. It was our first day at school. I notice that he still wore diapers. I could help myself but question him.

"You still wear diapers?" I asked him.

I meant for it to be a private conversation. I knew that it was probably embarrassing. His face turned red.

"Don't worry. I won't tell, I promise." I smiled at him.

I wanted to be friends with his kid, but someone else heard our conversation and spread rumors that Matthew still stilled peed his pants. I was the only one who knew about the diapers, so he thought the person was me. I got picked on for a little bit. I tried to talk to him and tell him it wasn't me, but he avoids me. The school year went by quickly. When the new school year began, Matthew had grown more confident and started to pick on me. It didn't bug me. I was sure he might be mad about what happened last year. I was sure it wouldn't last long. It was little things like pulling my hair. Pushing me. Running past me and shoving me. He pretended he didn't see me. As the next school year had started, the bullying got worse. This couldn't be because of the diaper rumor. It had been cleared. The kid convinced to overhearing us and starting the rumor. I had talked to Matthew.

"If this is about the diaper rumor. We can pretend the bullying never happened. Move on." I told him.

I hoped that it would stop the bullying. I get that once he started, it would have been hard to stop out the blue. So If I talked to him, maybe he would understand that I forgive him.

"No one told you, you could talk to me." He laughed at me.

He pushed me to the ground and walked away. The years went by, and I didn't notice when I stopped keeping my head up. I wasn't the same confident child anymore. I began to hate myself and think of my self weak. The worse part was that as we got older, he felt like I belonged to him. What better prize than the one girl who didn't want anything to do with him.

Flashback Over

"I don't own the school. The Forest might as well be mine. That stupid legend isn't true." Little did he know.

"Oh, Matthew, that's where you're wrong. The legend couldn't be any more true." I smirked at him.

"Don't talk like you know anything. Don't act like a leader or a protector. Coming out of there, smelling like blood and death!" He yelled at me.

I stepped forward. Standing right in front of him. Feeling his breath on my face. Watching his face turn red in anger. I could see myself in his eyes. I could see my eyes turn red in anger.

"Watch your tone. You're one to talk. I can smell your fear. I can see all the skeleton you hide in your closet. A wrong move, and I'll knock you off your little high horse." I glared at him.

He flashed his eyes at me and took a fighting stance.

"Matthew, this is a fight you will not win. With that being said, if you still wish to challenge me, I accept." I was ready to put him in this place. 

I looked around to see how much attention we had drawn. Hoping that Derek and Stiles were nearby or had heard the commotion. I could take on Matthew any day; the same goes but the other wolves Matthew had with him. Cole always taught me that numbers outrank power. 1 to 5 was an unfair match. I myself alone could not take on 5 people at once. Now 3 to 5 even out things. Derek can take 2 and Stiles as well. The quicker I could put Matthew down, the quicker the fight would stop. I can't overpower him. I know I have an advantage, the strength I got from that kill, and the heart.  

"You gonna fight or just stand there, Matthew?!" I yelled at him.

I wasn't going to make the first move. Since he challenged me, he has to make a move. If I leave, then that's me forfeiting the fight, and he wins. So I'll have to provoke him. He growled at me.

"You reck of fear! You dare challenge me and stand there like an idiot!" His face got red with anger.

"Afraid that I'll win and prove how weak and pathetic you are?" I smiled at him.

He started shaking. He ran towards me and jumped. I ducked a bit and moved slightly to the side. I grabbed him but the side of his shirt and threw him at one of the other wolves. Matthew fell on the wolf. They both got up from the ground. I could feel more people starring at us. I saw Derek and stiles in the corner of my eye. Matthew shifted into his wolf. Derek and Stiles were now at my side. Ready to fight with me.

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I am editing a few things before the story takes off. There are little things I want to keep, like the thank you to SCubed13 for the comment.