Gift of Power

Ryder's POV:

It was only a matter of time before I ran into him, but I at least wanted my morning to be peaceful. So much for that.

"Matthew." I growled.

I stared him down. Never breaking eye contact, I had to prove I wasn't scared. He flashed his red eyes at me. Matthew was next in line to take charge, so of course, his wolf had some Alpha abilities. I had a nice surprise for him. I flash my red eyes back at him. Matthew backed up a centimeter. A tiny step but enough for me to notice.

"Seems like your an Alpha too. Now how did that happen?" He smirked.

"That's none of your business. I have more important things to do than stand here." I walked right past him.

"Ryder." I turned to face him.

"From one Alpha to another, a gift." He motioned to Derek and Stiles.

"What a miracle, this is the only gift I would ever accept from you." I smirked.

I nodded my head towards Derek and Stiles. We walked away before Matthew could say anything else. I let out a deep breath.

"You just gonna take us like that?" Stiles' asked.

"Of course, no rule said I couldn't." I answered back.

"No, I mean. You are willing to take us?" He said that quietly.

"Of course, Stiles! You might not see it, but you and Derek are stronger than you think. You have never shown your true potential because Matthew always talks you down. With me, I will help you awaken your true self."  I  faced them and smiled.

FlashBack

I fell to the ground again! 

"What's the point? I'm weak! How do you expect me to protect those creatures!" I felt my eyes water.

"Ryder, you are not weak. I will help you. Let us go again." His voice was so calm.

I got up again and wiped my eyes. The wolf and I circled each other. He jumped towards me, and I ducked. I didn't turn, and he ran into me. I fell again. I rolled over.

"This is so stupid, chose someone else! Someone strong!" I couldn't help but get back.

"Ryder. You think you are weak because of how you've been treated, but you're not. You have a fire inside burning to get out. I will help you awaken yourself." Cole's words hit me hard.

Flashback over 

"Thank you, Ryder." Stiles hugged me.

"You're welcome. I have to protect my friends. A pack is only stronger when we all support each other. Let me welcome you to the Blood Moon pack!" I excitedly welcomed them.

"Thank you!" Derek and Stiles said at the same time.

We all laughed. They showed me to my locker. My locker had all the textbooks I needed. I set my backpack in and only took what I needed. Ironically my locker number was 666. Derek went to his class, and Stiles and I went to ours. I had the same classes as Stiles, except gym class. I had a free class with Derek. We made our way to AP Calculus BC. We entered the classroom and sat at the back table. The teacher walked in last.

"Alright. We have a new student joining us. Please stand and introduce yourself." He sat at his desk.

I stood up, and everyone looked at me.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Ryder, and I am 17 years old."  I sat back down.

I heard a few people start whispering among each other. A few probably remembered me. The teacher soon started class. Stiles and I passed notes back and forth. It helped the class go by. Our next class was in Advanced English. Derek would be joining this class. I had to introduce myself to every class so far. Matthew was in my Physics class. I could feel him staring at me all class. Luch finally came. 

"I'm so hungry! Curly fires sound so good! What are you gonna eat, Ryder?" Stiles sounded excited.

Derek laughed.

"Oh, I'm not hungry for human food." I told Stiles.

"So dog food?" Stiles laughed.

"Demon food." Derek said. 

"I have a question about that." Stiles said as we got in line.

I waited in line with Stiles as he got his food.

"If you're an angel demon hybrid, wouldn't all the demon stuff you do affect the angel side?" We walked back to a table. 

"Sort of, so what happens is that my angel side is corrupted. In a sense, I am a dark angel." I explained.

"Well, you got 20 minutes left, so find some food quick." Derek said from behind me.

I got up and waved at them as I made my way outside. I looked around and made my way to the forest. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My eyes shot open as the smell of blood entered my nostrils. I ran towards the smell and saw a rogue vampire draining a buck. I grabbed him off the buck and threw him into a tree. He got up and ran towards me. My tail grew, and I swung it at him. Cutting him with the tip.

"Leave my territory! Return to your pack, vampire!" I hissed out.

He laughed.

"There is no pack to return to. I killed them all. I go where I want and do what I want." He jumped at me.

I ducked and turned to face him. I ran over to him and pushed him down to the ground. My tail wrapped around his neck. The tip pricing him. He started coughing out blood. I straddled him.

"You see. My tail is extraordinary." I grabbed his chin.

"It has a unique poison that only my saliva can cure." My finger traced down his torso. 

"Mouth to mouth, to be exact." I ripped his shirt.

"The longer my poison is in your system. The weaker you become." I ran my hand on his chest.

"It'll take a while to kill you." My hand stopped over his heart.

"But I can't give you a cure without some fun." I moved my hips a bit.

He smirked at me and just watched. I made a circular motion with my hips as I moved faster—his breath quicken. I leaned down and licked his neck.

"I can't have you suffer the entire time." I whispered. 

My tail tightened around his neck. In a quick motion, I trusted my hand into his chest and snapped his neck. His body became limp. I pulled my hand out, holding his heart. His blood dripped down my arm. I quickly ate his heart. I used my power to burn the body within seconds. I buried the ashes and made my way out of the forest. I made sure I had no blood on me. I had 5 minutes to return to Derek and Stiles.  When I exited, Matthew was there, along with some of his friends.