Leaving

Ryder's POV

I couldn't take it anymore; I ran inside with tears running down my face. I knew my parents weren't home, so I ran to my room and threw my backpack against the wall, and ripped my sleeve off in the process. I went into my bathroom without locking my door. I dug through my cabinet, looking for my eyeliner sharpener. I ripped the small blade out of the sharpener. I began to run the blade on my wrist. Soon cutting deeper and deeper into my skin. My cold blood dripped down my arm onto my counter. The sting felt so good. It made me feel alive. I took a deep breath and gave myself one last deep cut. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back. I took in a long breath in and breath out. In a sense, I felt like I was on a cloud. Nothing around me mattered, but I was soon drawn back to reality when I heard a creak. I quickly grabbed a hoodie and put it on.

"Dad?!...Mom?!" I called out but got no response.

I know that I heard something. I knew that someone was here, but who? I went downstairs carefully. I looked at the door, and something was off. I stared at the door, hoping it would tell me what I was missing. The lock! I didn't lock the door, so why was it locked? By the time it had clicked in my head, it was too late. Someone had come up from behind me with a cloth and covered my mouth. I struggled and tried to shake them off, but they were stronger than me. I felt them inject me; it must be pure silver since I felt myself lose all my strength. My eyelids felt heavy; I tried to keep them open but couldn't. I felt myself fade away as the darkness consumed me.

***

My head and back hurt. I slowly opened my eyes but couldn't see anything. I could feel cold cement on my back and butt. It must be a basement of some sort. I closed and opened my eyes again, hoping to be able to see something, but nothing. The drug must still be in my system and strong for me not to use my night vision. My hands feel cold. They are tied together by rope at the wrist. My ankles as well. I hear a heavy door open. 

"Hello?... Who's there?!" I yell out, trying not to sound too scared.

The person walked closer and closer. They grabbed my hair and pulled my head back. I groaned in pain.

"Can't see me, Ryder~." A low voice said.

He blew into my face and let go of my hair. The voice sounded familiar.

"I'm disappointed you don't recognize my voice. After all the trouble I went to? To make sure you would have an unforgettable birthday." His monotone voice spoke.

My vision was slowly coming back; I could only see bur colors.

"You know... this room is kinda hot. As a great host, I should help you out." I could hear the smirk.

I felt his hands tightly grab the neck of my hoodie. I could see clearer, and then I felt the hood get torn in half in a swift motion. I closed my eyes and started to move to the side violently. He grabbed me by my jaw.

"Stay still." He demanded.

I open my eyes and met light brown eyes. I knew who these eyes belonged to. I could hear my heartbeat.

"M-Matthew?" I said his name in a quiet voice.

"You can see me now. We can have some real fun now. I want you to see everything I am going to do to you." He laughed.

I kept moving around. 

"HELP! HELP! HELP ME!!" I yelled with such force that my throat hurt.

Matthew grabbed me and shoved me on the ground with my back facing him.

"No one will hear you, so yell, all you want." I knew there was no point in yelling, but I wasn't going to give up.