Chapter 2

[JULIAN]

The house phone balanced between my left shoulder and ear. I could hear the steady ringing. It made my heart race faster. I shut my eyes tight.

"You can do this Julian," I murmured to myself.

It's been almost a week since he gave me his number. I had wanted to call him, believe me, I did. I had unfolded and folded the paper countless times cooing over his handwriting it was pretty, clean, mature, and rather feminine. I was staring at it now holding it between my right-hand fingers, gently caressing the paper

"Hello?" I heard Zeus' voice say from the other end. Zeus. Julian concentrate!

I wasn't prepared for this. I should have practiced what to say. I'm so stupid. Okay focus. I closing and opening my eyes I finally sighed and spoke into the phone.

"Um hello... this is Julian from last Saturday," I whispered into the phone, holding it with my right hand now. What if he didn't remember me? I mean, it was possible. I mean it has been almost a week. Julian stop thinking you're creating a bit of worry in your Stomach.

"Oh. Cutie."

I heard from the phone and blushed furiously. Who's the cutie? Is he referring to me? I wondered as my face got redder — assuming that's humanly possible.

"Um. I don't know. We played in different teams," I carried on making sure he had the right guy. I mean, he couldn't be referring to me, could he?

"I know, Blonde hair, blue eyes well, cutie," he cooed from the other end. Was he teasing me? Flirting with me? No, that couldn't be possible.

"Oh. Um, okay," I said. I think I was about to have a nervous breakdown. Was he teasing me? God! I wish I knew!

"How are you?" he asked in a gentle voice. I immediately calmed down I liked his voice it was soothing.

"Fine, you?" I asked. I don't know I just wanted to keep the conversation going.

"Just great. Hey, do you want to meet up somewhere?" He asked. My head felt suddenly hazy, was he asking me out? Why would a guy do that? Why did I feel like I wanted to go...? Julian get a grip on yourself your married.

I think I kept silent for quite a while because he suddenly murmured an apology for asking.

"It's not like we'll be alone, but if you don't want to go—"

"I do!" I screamed into the phone. A long silence followed along with my blushing face.

"Err. I mean, I want to go," I said, suddenly finding the floor interesting. What am I doing? It's not as if he could see me.

"Oh," he simply said.

"What about the cold stone around the country club. It's a bit closer to where we had the game," Zeus said enthusiastically.

"Oh that's close I'll be there about six?" I suggested.

"Had a feeling you lived around. See you then," he said before dropping the phone.

I spoke to him, I really spoke to him. I thought as I felt my face grow warm.

I couldn't wait to see him again. The thought alone had me blushing. Would he look different? I didn't get a good look at him at the bar... Julian stop it! I scolded myself and giggled. Wait I giggled, I never giggle. Is this what it feels like to have feelings for someone? What's wrong with me? I've only met him once for Pete's sake.

I wonder where Linda is. I need to explain to her I was busy tomorrow.

[ZEUS]

I dropped my phone on my desk still smiling. He called me. I thought with a smile.

I yawned suddenly feeling incredibly tired. Running the corporation wasn't easy. Sitting at my desk and taking thousands of calls every day. The requests for sponsorship and support were basically the most annoying. But working was something I truly loved doing. It kind of reminded me that I wasn't a failure no matter what my parents or anyone else thought.

The annoying vibration of my iPhone brought me out of my thoughts. Who would be calling me now? I sighed bringing the phone to my ear. I'm sure I transferred all my business calls to my Samsung.

"Baby," a voice slurred in a thick French accent.

"Louis," I whispered into the phone smiling. I missed Louis he was usually the highlight of my day. We didn't talk much when we were apart. Because he basically didn't like phone calls or phones in general. "They're only good for sexting," he once told me. I smiled at the memory

"Zeus I miss you," Louis cooed from the other end. I rolled my eyes how easy did he think I was? Louis would never pick up a phone just to say that.

"What do you want?" I asked in a casual tone.

"Are you accusing me of being deceitful?!" Louis screamed in mock hurt.

"Cut to the chase," I said into the phone casually. I was usually in the mood to play Louis' games but not today I was tired and sleepy. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I was sure tired.

"Okay, I'm all alone and horny! Fly over!" he whined and I laughed. Louis was such a horny dog.

"It's not funny! I might just take it out on the cat!" Louis threatened.

"And if you ask me to go get a vibrator again you'll get a personal visit from the devil!" Louis continued whining. I chuckled. Wholeheartedly adored Louis he was so silly so straightforward.

"Louis you know I don't have a reason to fly to France at the moment," I said trying to suppress chuckles. Louis was so silly.

I heard Louis sigh.

"I really, really need this... What about your private jet?" he asked. I groaned. Oh, my God, I loved the way he rolled his R's

"It's being serviced. Why don't you grind the edge of a table in the meantime?" I teased laughing.

"I don't like humping the table," Louis said in a matter-of-fact tone. I sighed. Why was he so insistent?

"Okay, as soon as my jet is serviced I'll fly over," I proposed.

"That's too far away," Louis whined.

"Okay, will you forgive me for the wait if I sent a present?" I tried to buy him.

"Can I have a Jaguar?" Louis asked testing the waters.

"The latest model," I said hearing him sigh contently from the other end.

"Fine just be clean when you get here. I know your humping other guys and hopeless married men out there," he teased. I could imagine his hazel eyes twinkling with mischief. I laughed.

"See you," he said and dropped the phone. I slouched in my chair still laughing. Louis couldn't be more right. I did want to hump a married man.