Chapter 21

[ZEUS]

I cursed, sitting up in bed.

Who the hell is it now? I wondered to myself as I searched the top of the bedside table for my phone. It's quite dark, the only source of light being the not so bright moon.

"Hello," I mouthed into the phone, my voice coming out a little frustrated.

"Zeus," a thick French accent brawled from the other end. I couldn't help smiling. Louis finally called.

"Yes," I answered, adjusting the pillow beneath my back, trying to get as comfortable as I could in my half sleep.

"You've been ignoring me," Louis accused from the other end. I sighed guiltily to myself. I have sort of been ignoring him, but it's not like Louis to call. Something must have happened.

"Louis?" I called, wondering if he was even still there.

"Yes," he answered. I frowned. His reply was plain, dull — unlike Louis.

"What happened?" I asked, concerned. I bruised my free hand with playing with the sheets. Ever since Julian started hanging in here there's been a constant need to change these things. I smiled at the thought of Julian. Hmm, Julian...

"Nothing," Louis half sighed into the phone. I blinked, then blushed, realizing I really hadn't been paying so much attention.

"But Louis—"

"Nothing, okay?" Louis said firmly. I frowned. Why doesn't he want to tell me? Shaking my head I sighed. There's no need acting like a protective boyfriend.

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me," I assured him, trying to play on his guilt as much as I could.

"Thank you," Louis said, ignoring me trying to guilt trip him.

"So, why exactly did you call?" I asked, resting my head on the pile of pillows. Julian has asked me about them before, why one man needed more than one pillow. I grinned, remembering what my answer had been.

"Why do you need to be touched so often?" I had teased, having the pleasure of watching his face turn a bright red.

"Shut up!" Julian had screamed, stuffing a pillow in my face. I still can't believe how red his face had been. I gasped feeling my heart beat steadily increase. I still can't believe simple thoughts like this could do this to me.

"Please don't jerk off through the phone," Louis begged teasingly. I opened my mouth but forgot what I was about to say, so closed it then frowned.

"I'm a healthy thirty-year-old," I countered, pulling the duvet up a little.

"And I'm a horny twenty-six-year-old you decided to leave hanging on the peg line," Louis snapped. My eyes widened in confusion. Is he mad at me?

"I'm sorry," I blurted in reflex. I really don't like making Louis mad.

"It's okay, it's not you I'm mad at. It's just — I'm mad at myself right now," Louis said, his voice giving off a hint of how tired he was.

"Have you slept?" I asked, concerned.

"No, not really," Louis yawned into the phone. I frowned at the imagery of Louis rubbing his eyes like he usually did when he was cranky and couldn't sleep.

"Go to bed," I tried to advise, lying back down.

"I want happy juice," Louis yawned through the phone. Now happy juice is just Louis' cocky phrase for sex. Apparently, sex was a dirty word and happy juice suit the post better. I smiled a little at how silly his theory was.