Chapter 25

[LOUIS]

He's staring at me again. I thought, sighing before turning away from the sink. I stared back at Julian, who just happened to flush and turn away.

I sighed, shaking my head as I turned back to the sink. The pasta I had been making had burned during our 'little' argument. I smiled, scrubbing off the burnt pasta from the pot with an iron sponge.

Glad that's over. I thought to myself, rinsing out the pot and towel drying it. I turned back to look at Julian who was reading or more likely pretending to at the dining table. I'd never seen him before and to think the first time I get to we come to a misunderstanding. For some reason, I don't feel pity, just rather annoyed. Why was he so depressed anyway? He called the shots, didn't he?

I watched him for a while before rolling my eyes in annoyance. I pushed my weight of the counter and strolled to him. I'm going to make his acquaintance if he likes it or not.

"What are you reading?" I asked leaning on the brown wooden vanish of the oval table. Julian peeped over his book to look at me, He looked like hell. His eyes had gone a gloomy blue, just like the one of the sky before a storm. You couldn't miss the prominent bags under his eyes or the faint reddening of his nose and eyes.

"I'm not sure..." Julian confessed. What? I thought in confusion before laughing in amusement, at least he's talking to me.

"Wealth of nations, really?" I asked amused, bending over a little to get a better view of the title.

"I — never mind," Julian sighed, closing the book. I smiled weakly at him. I can understand why Zeus adores him so much. His bleach blonde hair and eyes that probably had more light on a normal day made him adorable, he's probably the cutest grown man I've seen in my life.

We turned our heads sharply to the door hearing spots bark.

"He probably wants to get into the kitchen," Julian said with certain amusement in his tone. I smiled at that, Spots continuous bark and scratch at the door making up quite a background.

"I'll let him in," I announced, walking over to the door. At opening it, the dog jumped in without hesitation, making circles around my legs before settling for taking occasional sniffs of the loose white joggers I had on.

"He must like you," I heard Julian comment from across the room.

"No, I don't think he likes me so much. I probably just reek of Zeus," I said, gently kicking Spots away.

"Oh," I heard Julian say almost to himself just as Spots took hold of my right leg. I sighed. Zeus was going to pay for the sins of his dog.

"It's a nuisance," I sighed, still trying to shake spots of my leg.

"Sure," I heard Julian say. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. What was his problem?

"What's wrong with you?" I asked while Spots barked in satisfaction when I gave up pushing him away and he went on to sit on both my legs.

"Nothing," Julian said. From his demeanor, you could see that he wanted to sound unbothered, but he didn't work and his voice came out shaky and like he was on the verge of crying. I wrinkled my nose in suspicion. I watched his expression change from angry, to hurt, to plain depressed. He really sucked at pretending.

"You know what I think? I think you're not okay," I said shaking spots off my leg, he whimpered then settled for lying on his back. I walked over back to the dining table before taking out the seat beside him. I'm glad my outright glare made him uncomfortable. He kept mumbling to himself as he looked at the floor, and sometimes he would suddenly find the designs on the vase in front of him interesting.