Chapter 36

[ZEUS]

"No, Felix, I can't," I said into the phone, trying to get an old lover of my case.

"Think about it, Zeus," he continued in a persistent voice. From the corner of my eye, I could spot Julian watching me suspiciously. It was odd having him jealous over me. It was a turn on and a scare at the same time.

"Are you still talking on the phone?" Julian asked, his voice coming of irritated. I gave him an apologetic look before turning. I know I should hang up, but—

"I'm sure I'm better than anyone you're with now," Felix said from the other end, spiking my own anger too.

"Stop it! I don't want to get back with you!" This statement sort of spiked Julian's interest considering he was hovering close by. I gave him another apologetic look, indicating to him that I was rounding this up.

"I'll do it for you," Julian said taking the phone form me with a strength I didn't know he had.

"But..." I trailed, but Julian was already a good distance away from me screaming into the phone. I shook my head feeling sorry for Felix. Julian suddenly yelling into the phone must have scared the life out of him.

There was more yelling and then threats before Julian hung up.

"What do I have to do to keep them away from you?" Julian asked, turning to give me a sad look. I shook my head, not knowing what to say.

"Not that again. You have to answer me this time. What is it? Do I have to dye my hair? Lose weight? Learn to striptease? What?" Julian asked, chuckling slightly as he approached me.

"Nothing. I like you just the way you are, but..." I trailed, taking his hands. One of his suggestions did sound very tempting.

"About the striptease..." I continued, making Julian roll his eyes. I liked how confidence slowly washed over, but not overtake his shy features. His blonde hair had grown longer, and his gaze more mature.

"I love you," I said, muttering the words that conveyed so much. Julian gave me a shy smile before turning his gaze to the floor. I felt a little hurt by his actions — by the fact that he wasn't going to be saying those words anytime soon.

"The bath. It'll get cold if we don't go now," Julian said, looking up to meet my gaze. His face was flushed like he could read the intentions behind my green eyes. Anytime I mentioned the word love, Julian got a little disoriented, but I was glad he hadn't told me to stop saying it. That would crush me.

"Of course," I cooed, pulling him into a hug. I hadn't been with him since this whole trial mess. I missed our cuddling in bed.

"The water's getting cold," Julian muttered, breaking the hug. I followed him into the bathroom taking my clothes off. When I was down to my briefs, I looked over at Julian who was still fumbling with the buttons of his shirt.

"I'll turn around if you want me to," I said, watching him unbutton and button his shirt all over again. He turned to me, crossing his hands over his chest as a frown formed on his face. He looked offended. 

"You know, I could always take a bath after you," Julian said. His face was flushed and he was embarrassed. I laughed, taking off my briefs before walking over to him and holding him tight from behind.

"I'll help, okay?" I whispered, taking hold of the top buttons. He muttered a small 'okay' as I started to undress him. I really didn't know what he was so embarrassed about. He had the best looking body I had ever seen. I heard him gasp as I ran my hands up and down his swimmer like body. I loved it, it was so much better than the ridges packs produced.