xxxi. unsolved case

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Did you call them? Did you call them?" Sabrina questions.

"No. Just Isaac and Stiles. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look." Scott tells her.

"It's a basement. I think I think I'm in some kind of basement." Sabrina explains.

"In a house?" Scott exclaims.

"No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the- I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die." Sabrina stutters.

"Wait, wait, wait. What else is there? What do you see?" Scott tries to get as much information from her before the phone dies.

"The phone's dying. I can't talk." Sabrina exclaims before dropping her voice to a whisper. "I have to go."

"Please Sabrina, why are you whispering?" Scott questions.

Sabrina is silent for a moment, Scott can hear her trying to keep her crying to a minimum. "Because I think there's someone in here with me."

-

"How did you know? Did she call you too?" Scott questions as him Isaac and Stiles bust into Sabrina's bedroom where Aiden and Lydia were standing.

"I heard it." Lydia exclaims.

"Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask." Aiden chimes in.

"Not as confusing as this." Lydia states as they turn to Sabrina's wall, where red string covered most off it. "This was not here last night."

"I use red string for an unsolved case." Stiles speaks up. "Sabrina knew that."

"Maybe she thinks she's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden supplies.

"Or is an unsolved case." Isaac adds. At his comment Lydia turns to them, her eyes wide.

"Hold on. Is Sabrina still out there? You don't know where my sister is?" The strawberry blonde questions.

"She said she was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent." Scott tells Lydia.

"What else did she say?" Lydia asks, fear for her sister flowing through her body.

"Something's wrong with her leg. It's bleeding." Scott states.

"And she's freezing." Isaac mumbles.

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden tells them.

"Have you told your mom?" Scott suddenly questions, turning to Lydia. The strawberry blonde shakes her head.

"I didn't want to worry her. I assumed this had something supernatural to do with it." Lydia exclaims. "What about Sheriff Stilinski, did you call him?"

"We kind of-" Stiles begins. "We didn't tell him yet."

"Sabrina is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call the sheriff?" Lydia's eyes widen.

"She made me promise not to. We can find her by scent. If she was sleepwalking she couldn't have gotten far, right?" Scott glances between the group.

"You guys didn't notice her car is gone did you?" Aiden remarks.

"You promised you wouldn't call Sheriff Stilinski. I didn't." Lydia states.

"Wait, Lydia, hold on." Stiles stops her. "We don't have to involve my dad. We can get more help. We can call Derek, Allison."

"Everyone except for the cops." Lydia cuts him off. "Great idea."

"You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?" Aiden speaks up, referring to what Lydia had heard earlier.

"We don't have to call my dad. It's five minutes to the station." Stiles sighs as him Isaac and Scott turn to leave the room.

"We'll catch up." Lydia tells them, stopping Aiden.

"What? Why?" Scott questions, turning to face her.

"There's something here." Lydia begins, thinking of her sister. "Sabrina's been acting weird for a while, it's like she knew this was going to happen, maybe I can find something."

"We can figure out what's wrong with her after we find a way to keep her from freezing to death." Scott shakes his head.

"Go. We'll be right behind you." Lydia tells him.

-

Sabrina let out a scream as she shined her flashlight on her leg. Her foot that was caught in an animal trap throbbed as she made the slightest movement. A noise in the distance causes Sabrina to freeze, sucking in a deep breath. "Who's there? I know you're there. I can hear you." Sabrina lets out a gasp when she sees a man crouched down in the corner of the room. "Who are you?"

The man drops the piece of chalk he was holding, letting it roll on the ground. When Sabrina looks up from the ground she sees the man is gone, instead a 5 lying on the wall where he had been. "Self." Sabrina whispers. Her eyes widen as watches the chalk vanish just like the man.