"Shit." Nico muttered, meeting Luca's dark brown eyes. Nico felt sad, he hated seeing his best friend like this. Although the world saw Clark as a closed off boy, Nico knew that Clark loved to smile at millions of little things, laugh at his friends corny jokes, and grin at their constant mischievous antics. "How long you think this will last for?" 

"Nic... it was his first love." Luca sighed, running a hand through his dark curly hair. "Even if he did something wrong and royally messed up, he still loved her and whether we'd like to admit it or not... he's heartbroken."

"Shit." Nico repeated, feeling glum about Clark's state. How he wished he could help his best friend out and bring him back, but it was almost impossible. Clark wasn't an easy shell to crack.

"Whooo! Blake! Let's go! Fuck yeah my bi-" the loud voice blaring through the megaphone was cut off as Luca snatched the device out of the hands of Dakota Spaulding. This was the fourth time Luca had pried the megaphone from the blonde's hands but he kept managing to steal it back.

Dakota and Nico had snuck in megaphones, posters, and little confetti cannons which they would use whenever Blake's name was announced or they would see her. Although both boys were being a bit too celebratory, Kota had managed to gain a few side glances from his vulgar cheers.

"Is he.... is he always like that?" Dean asked Luca wearily.

Dean was a little scared of Kota, mostly due to them being polar opposites. Dean was reserved and shy while Dakota was... insane. Luca sadly nodded looking as if he was in pain, causing Dean's eyes to widen and the young boy to scoot a bit farther in his seat away from the model.

On the other side of the auditorium as Blake Graham's name was called to receive her diploma, Clark stood in the way back watching. His expression was unreadable, arms crossed almost defensively as he watched the girl in the white sundress and blue robe end the newest chapter of her life and begin to start the next.

He smiled sadly as he noticed how happy she looked. He knew she was looking forward to this moment even months in advance, an almost forgotten memory pushing to the forefront of his mind.

It was a little while after Clark's seventeenth birthday, and the two were furiously working on their Intro to Medicine essays. The pair had decided to work in the school's courtyard, mostly due to Blake pulling Clark and claiming that they needed the fresh air.

The couple sat in the grass besides a large pine tree, the part of the courtyard they were in wasn't very popular, due to it being a bit farther away in the corner. Away from any prying eyes, they didn't need to pretend to be the perfect people they were portrayed to be, there they were just 'Clark' and 'Blake'.

Whilst Clark had his back supported by the rough bark of the tree and the shade to cover him, Blake was laying in the grass with the sunlight blanketing her in an almost ethereal glow.

After months of being in a relationship, Clark had taken note that Blake was attracted to the sunlight especially if it was on a crisp day such as that one. She always would say she was 'photosynthesizing' but she was actually just soaking up the rays.

Clark couldn't help but keep getting distracted as he watched the girl lying in the grass, her brown hair fanned around her like spilt coffee, her eyes shut in unbothered bliss, and her soft pink lips were just the slightest bit curved upwards. Her hands were crossed over her stomach, and Clark could see the multiple rings on her fingers reflect and glitter lazily in the light.

Just looking at her relaxed figure made him feel better, calmer. He could feel the weight of his lies bringing him down, but ironically when he was around her it seemed to lessen. The love that he held for Blake flowed through him like warm butterscotch, filling his veins with the undeniable warmth and sweetness of love.