(34) great escape

"So what's the damage control plan?" Clark craned his neck towards the school

After our dinner was interrupted by the flurry of gossip articles and texts, we just continued to eat like nothing happened. We had decided to focus on us, and after we got back to campus we would remedy the situation.

Now it was time to remedy.

"I mean I think we should just be straight up with it, and not do any hiding or anything. That'll just cause more problems and they'll eventually know for sure. What's the worse they can do, have an aneurysm?" I shrugged, turning to face Ellington.

The two of us were sitting on the hood of the car in the parking lot, the headlights shining from beneath us. It was a really nice night, the weather chilly but pleasant.

"Good point Graham, besides I feel like this place needs a little more fun. And I don't care what anyone thinks, I like what we are."

I gave him a wide tooth smile, shaking my head softly at his cheesiness. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I rubbed my arms to try and gain some warmth. Immediately, I felt his nose brush my cheek as he turned to look at me. Wordlessly, he removed his jacket and draped it over me.

I lifted my head slightly, "Have you learnt that move from our movie marathon?"

Clark smirked at me, "I may have picked up on some tips. You see, all of this is new to me."

I let out a small chuckle, "Don't worry, maybe for some new tricks we can watch Pretty Woman. Wait, aren't you cold?"

"I'll be fine, love. Besides I've got you to keep me warm." He swung his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

I ignored the fluttery feeling that appeared in my chest at the mention of the nickname. I always hated pet names, but the way he said love made me want to change my mind.

"What happened to the Clark Ellington that I know?" I joked, snuggling closer to the warmth of his chest. I felt his chest vibrate after my question, a small laugh escaping his lips.

"Come on Graham, you happened. You've made me all soft. But I'm kind of glad for it."