(47) idiocy & injuries

I could hear the door to the classroom open and some whispers

But that wasn't anything exciting, someone was probably going to the bathroom or something. So as the door shut, I continued on with filling out my calculus worksheet.

But apparently, it seemed that the door opening was exciting because the once silent classroom was now filled with excited whispers. I copied down the last number that my calculator had given me, before looking up to see what the commotion was all about. I should've known.

"Happy birthday!" Dakota Spaulding and Nico Caldwell, both who were not in this class, cheered loudly.

While Nico reasonably clutched a big gift bag in his hands, Dakota had twenty or so balloons that were hitting my professor every time Kota moved his hand.

"Professor, we would like to make an announcement!" Nico declared, signaling to himself and Kota.

"No you may not we are in the middle of cla-"

"Good. Students of- what class is this? Oh, calc? Students of calculus, Sir Nicholas Caldwell and I, Lord Dakota Spaulding, would like to wish Miss Blakely Graham over there-" Kota pointed at me, causing me to shrink back in my seat with a look of horror on my face, "A very happy birthday! Now, as Lord of room..."

"216!" A kid at the front happily informed Kota.

"Yes, thank you, George. As Lord of room 216, I command that all of you paupers sing happy birthday."

"On the count of three!" Nico waved his hands mimicking a conductor, "One, two, three!"

I covered my hands over my face in embarrassment as the class sang, well in Dakota's case, screeched.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Blake-ly! Happy birthday to you!"

"And many more!" Nico added.

Professor Montgomery sighed. "Are you boys done yet I have a class to tea-"

Dakota shushed him, "Dude, chill."

Oh my god, he just told a world renowned former Oxford professor to chill.

"Since it is first period, we have personally come to tell you, Miss Blake, that this is just the first of many birthday surprises!"

"So buckle up, buckeroo!" Kota spoke with a heavy Southern accent.

"Oh god." I frantically shook my head at the boys, but Dakota frantically nodded his head back at me, grinning like a chipmunk on coke.

"Now we will bestow upon you our presents, so you will be forced to carry them around the whole day and then everyone will know it's your birthday!" Nico walked over to me, dropped the large gift bag atop of my desk, patted my head, and exited the room.