Chapter 1

I hid in my safe house listening to the sound of zombies moaning and dragging themselves around. I was only a week ago I was finishing senior year of high school. I cleaned my sword as I ate, then stopped as a quiet message quickly came through the radio.

"If anyone can hear this come to the Mansion outside of Station Square," the voice crackled as the radio died.

I cursed, "Guess I better get there, cause this house isn't that safe. Shit!"

I flinched as a few zombies began bashing at the door. I grabbed my bag and my sword then climbed out of a window, heading towards the castle in the distance. I won't be missing that place, I thought as I looked back at the beat up house. As I'm sneaking through a backyard a few zombies go for me. I jump kick the first zombie and land on its neck severing it's head, then slashing the second dismembering it. A yellow house's door hung off the hinges, I walked over and could see blood splattered inside the doorway.

"I hope Xavier got out," I sigh and keep heading towards the mansion, "I gotta get there."

I began sprinting towards the fortified building. I shivered as I entered the isolated snowy mountains. I saw no zombies just a deep layer of powdery snow, I trudged up to my waist holding my sword above my head. I was just coming into a clearing, then I saw it. The black mansion stood in all its glory in perfect condition. I sprinted through the freezing snow and knocked as hard as possible.

I was slowly drifting off to sleep, "Let me in! I heard your message!"

As the door opened I fell into the arms of someone and I passed out. The last thing I heard was yelling and multiple footsteps.