Chapter 3

Meeting the boss
"Hi, Ms. Russo?" Mr. Lavery asked with a caring smile on his face.

I nodded and say "thank you so much for this opportunity to work here even if I am just doing busy work or work that is not of most importance, I really do appreciate it."

"Well thank you for applying. The other interns are really only here because of who their parents are so it's nice to have somebody here who really wants to be here. I have not heard any one else walked through those doors say something like that. So thank very much you have made my day" he said with a very warm smile on his face. "Well we should get started on the official business, yeah? I will be asking you some questions some of which were on the application but we just want to get to know you a little better. Is that ok?"

"Yes, go right ahead"

"Ok sounds good! First question what made you apply for this job?"

"Well I have always loved music and that love for music brought me to looking at careers around the music industry. While looking I stumbled upon manager or four manager and kinda fell in love with the idea to travel a lot, listen to a tone to music, and help people make their dreams come true. Ever since then I have want that to be my career"

"Ok so who would you say inspired you to be in this industry? Was it a artist? A band? Maybe a manager?"

"Uh, well One Direction plus their solo careers, they have always been my favorite artist. So I guess them."

"Elly do you sing or play any instruments"

"I can't play any instruments but I can sing just not very well" I say laughing a little at the end.

About 20 minutes later Mr. Lavery and I walked out his office and down the hall where he showed me his desk and introduced me to the person that I was sharing my cubical with. "Elly this is Tara. Tara this is Elly" he said and then immediately turned around to leave.

"Hi" Tara said with a big smile on her face.

"Hey" I say with a awkward smile on my face.

"So how did you get the internship?" She asked lightly.

" uh I just applied for it. How bout you? "

"My mom wanted me to do it. She and Stan are old friends"

"Stan?"

"Oh right Mr. Lavery sorry"

"Oh ok"

After a bit of talking she said "we should hang out after work! You down?"

"Yeah sure sounds like fun" I agreed.

I can't believe I already made a friend even though I have only been her for a day. I know it sounds like something a five year old would say but it's a little crazy to me, I usually don't make friends this fast. It usually takes me a while to trust them. So the fact that I am hanging out with Tara tonight sounds crazy to me.

After work
"Hey Elly ready to go" Tara asked from behind me.

We spent all day laughing, talking and if course doing work. "Sure, let's head out" I say As I start to stand from my desk. A few seconds later I ask "So what are we doing tonight anyway?"

"I figured we would kinda see where the night takes us, that ok with you?"

"Yeah let's do it"

What are the Chances (N.H)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें