Chaper 1

March 2018
"Mom... Mom... I got a response for the internship" I yelled from my bedroom.

"Well what does it say" my mom screamed running into my room.

"I don't know I haven't opened the email yet"

"Open it"

"Ok... Ok..." I say while clicking the button that will determine what I am doing this summer. "I got it... I am spending the summer in L.A. Working with musicians, music engineers and other people that work for record labels."

"Ok lets go tell your father"

"Dad... Dad" I screamed running down the stairs to tell my father the big news"

"Yes sweety?"

"I got into the internship!!! I get to spend the summer in L.A."

"Really! Congratulations, I am so happy for you. When do you have to leave" my dad questioned.

"May 10th, so I will have to take my finals a little early but that's ok I don't mind. I will talk to my teachers and counseled about it on monday"

Monday
All Monday I told my teachers my situation and they all congratulated me and said I could take my finals the week before I leave. All that's left is my counselor and English teacher. Talking to my English teacher will be a little harder because he is very playful and will probably say I have to stay and take it with the rest of the students.

As soon as I got to study hall I asked my teacher if I could go talk to my counselor she said yes. While walking down to the counseled I bumped into my best friend Lena and that turned into me walking her across our massive school to her class.

"Hey" I said when I saw Lena across the hall In front of me.

"Hi, are you Skipping again, I thought you were going to stop doing that?"

"No I am not skipping I am going to talk to my counselor about the end of the year."

"I still can't believe you are leaving me for the last few weeks of the year"

"Well that is the time you are most annoying and up tight. So I think that's the best time to leave you for me at least." I said with a devilish smile on my face.

"Rude i mean it is true but you dont have to say it" she says with her had over her heart pretending to be hurt.

Minutes later "Ok you have to get into class and I have to get to the counselors office"

"Ok by and I'm still mad at you" she said before running into class. So I pulled out my phone to text her asswhole on my way to the office.

I walked to the counselors office and checked myself in, then sat waiting for my counselor to come get me. About five minutes later she came out and grabbed me before we headed back to her office.

"So what is it that you need today Elly" Mrs. Casey asked in a overly polite way.

"Well I was offered the opportunity to do a summer internship in L.A. this summer..."

"Oh that is amazing, that is a truly amazing opportunity congratulations! And what is the internship? Where will you be interning" she interrupted. I

"Uh, I will be interning at a record label" I said with a smile on my face. "But there is one little detail about the internship that is not the best".

"Oh and what is that?"

"It starts two weeks before school ends" I say and see her face call a little bit. "But I have already talked to mostly few years about it and they said I could take it before I leave. I just have one more teacher to talk to and I am sure he will be fine with it"

"On ok well then everything should be fine I will email all your teachers just to make sure they know and will have your final ready for you" she says with a very obnoxious smile on her face right as the bell rings "Well you better get to your next class".

"Thank you again " I say walking out of her office then out the doors and into the hallway.

I walked up to my next class to see Lena standing outside of the class then seconds later jake walked by and I started to freak and I slapped Lena's arm. Jake is this guy I have had a crush on since the first semester of school. He play lacrosse and is really cute and tall.

"Will you stop freaking out he is gone" Lena said in mocking tone.

"Oh shut you asswhole. You really can't blame me he is reeeaaallllllyyyy cute"

"Oh my god will you shut up already" as she said that I stuck my younger out at her and walked away even though I new she would follow me.

I walked inside the English class and put my stuff next to the deal Lena sits at then we both walking back out and went to find our friend pheonix.

"Hey nix" we both called seeing her just down the hallway.

"Hey" she responds happily. Then we talk until the final bell rang signalling class has started and so did lena's panic attack. We walked back to class well I walked Lena ran, even though we were 10 seconds from class.

I walked into class with a big smile on my face like I usually do and went to sit down next to lena.

"Elly you are turning Lena into a bad kid" our teacher said acting like he was mad at me.

I looked over and him and said "that is my plan Mr. Gaven but considering she ran down the hall to get to your class I don't think it is working"

After he checked in with very other student in the class and have us or work for the class period, which was to read and take note on the book, I walked up to him and told him about the internship and how I would be leaving 2 weeks early from the year.

"I guess you will have to come back and take the final with rest of the students" he said with a mischievous look on his face.

"Mr. Gaven please come on you have to let me take it early. Either I take it early or not at all"

"Fine let's put it to the class vote" he said turning to the rest of the class. "Who think we should let Elly take the final early". Everybody looked really confused and nobody but Lena raised their hands.