Chapter 32: Jealousy (Kyle's Side)

Enjoy! --Love, stupidcupid ;)))

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Kyle’s Side <3

After commuting, we reach the auditorium.

Ms. Suzanne approaches us and says “All of you arrive at the same time. What’s the occasion?”

“It’s my birthday.” Princess tells her, humbly.

“Oh, happy birthday! You have to perform extra special today.” She remarks, laughing afterwards.

The practice today is different. Ms. Suzanne invited Principal Dickey and Mr. Edward to critique our performance. This is the first time that we would show an audience the overall play. We would have to include using the props, background music, and costumes.

After one round of Elisa, we retrieve a wild applause. They all give positive comments, not knowing that it isn’t really foul-proof.

Most of the props were missing that we’d have to all go look. Many of us tripped on a wire that was connected to the sound system. It almost disconnected during the song number. The actors were tense at stuttering, attacked by the sudden effect of mental block. The costumes almost got ripped due to changing in and out of it.

Nonetheless, we make it! And I am so proud of everyone.

Exhausted, I rush out of the auditorium only to be surprised.

 ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ 

“I’ll always be by your side.” Terresse’ distinct voice says to a shadow beside her.

“I like you.” The shadow says, stepping out of the dark to hold Terresse’ hand.

At that moment, I lose my temper. I can’t really explain why but my blood boils like I could do something so reckless. Everything around me turns black and my eyes focus on the scene unfolding.

I grumpily approach the two, Mikee being the other. Without having control of my hands, I punch Mikee in the face.

“What the heck is that for?” Mikee shouts, picking himself up.

“Are you out of your mind?” Terresse screams, almost at the same time.

She escorts Mikee away and returns to me.

“I’m—you see—Terresse!” I stutter.

“You can’t go around punching people whenever you feel like it!” she interrupts me.

I’ve never seen her this mad. Her eyes are beautiful as always but this time they look so deadly, spelling hatred – hatred for me. What have I done?

Terresse starts to walk away, turning her back on me.

I automatically grab her arm, afraid to let her go.

“What?” she snaps violently.

I want to say something but I remain speechless. I know that I should be explaining yet my mouth doesn’t utter a word.

After a minute of silence, my grip on her loosens.

“I’m jealous.” I admit.