Chapter 35: Aerated Diabetes

Start from the beginning

These were the thoughts that had been vibrating through my skull for the last hour and also proceeded as we continued our first performance.

I did a double front roll before clasping the bar tightly, eyes glazing over the drop below without focus. I brought my legs up in quick succession and grasped the bar with them, letting my arms hang loosely. Looking to the side I saw Dick coming right at me his arms stretched out and grabbed them tightly.

Immediately I noticed his temperature was way off. He was hot (and I don't mean in appearance, though that too.) it felt like he was burning up. I felt his shaking grip too and was instantly filled with worry.

'Are you okay? You're burning up. You shouldn't be doing this ri-' my mental rambling was cut short by a grunt.

'I.... Am fine' He said slowly as I threw him into M'gann's grasp. I nearly had a mini heart attack when he slipped from her grasp and plummeted down. Lucky for us, we had Connor down by the nets and he caught and sent Robin back with a barrel.

'You are in no condition to do this.' I said knowingly.

This time he kept quiet. Before long our performance was over and I took him to the cabin. Dumb bastard really did a number on himself. I put him to bed and saw he was pretty maxed out, fast asleep. I looked at him and part of me just wanted to hug him and hold him. But that wasn't my right any more.

I left the room and saw a blonde man walking carrying a heavy load come up to me. He was saying something I wasn't interested in, so before he could even to much as shake my hand I walked off. I saw a glare freeze over him and vanish like smoke in mirrors.

I contemplated on the last mission our team had. Apparently Artemis had screwed up along the line. I personally took her aside and flicked her for head. What was she thinking tracking Cheshire by herself? And I was just starting to believe I wasn't the only one with sense in this team and then she does that.

Speaking of idiocy, Wally suddenly came out of nowhere and tapped me on the shoulder, "Hey, you have a mission tonight. Apparently you have to go to some weird storehouse."

I rolled my eyes at this, "Why is it always a storehouse or warehouse whenever we do missions? It's like seriously the most clique thing you could expect from books, but no in actuality, bad guys really do like them."

Wally had a look of explosive understanding and pointed at me, "I know right!? Why can't it be in a comic store or cinema, or at least something interesting."

I nodded along, "Too bad these people have no class." He said jokingly.

I gave Wally a deadpaned look, "Wally, you eat cheerios out of an open sippy cup on the floor of your room because your phone charger isn't long enough for you to watch Naruto on the bed."

"Exactly, class my dear sister." He said haughtily.

Wally hadn't exactly been one for theatrics besides speed, not to mention we were too many. So instead he kept a low profile as a friend of the Danger family.

He's also staying behind just in case something happens back at the circus. He was not very happy about that, but at least he got to look around a bit, so his childish nature was satisfied.

Well aren't you a lucky one Artemis. I thought to myself sarcastically. I looked back at the cabin and grimaced. I felt an empathetic hand fall on my shoulder.

All of the others already knew a little about what was happening between Dick and I. Thankfully they haven't budded in

***

"Those crates are full of live ammo! Move!"