Chapter 11: I'm A Special Little Snowflake (EDITED)

A/n: the picture above is my attempt at drawing. If you didn't guess, it's Fae in her fairy form. I'm not that great of an artist, but at least it's some form of visual.

"Your room is just the way you left it my dear."

My old room...wow.

Alfred led us down schorched brick twists and turns. I had been down these halls so many times that it felt like I knew every inch, but now the new carpets gave foreign friction to my shoes. I had run down here playing tag or hide or seek with Dick so many times. The crack in one of the wooden panelboards from one of us crashing into it had been filled and sanded.Trust me when I say hide and seek becomes interesting when it's played in a manor.

It was the same, but it also wasn't.

When we got to the door I felt my heart beat quicken. There on the door was my name in curly wooden letters. 'FAE' with fairies surrounding it as they danced.

To be completely fair to myself I art's-and-crafted the sign at the sedentary age of 11 when Bruce reaslised I slept over pretty much every weekend.

I breathed in deeply before I pushed it open. I saw everything I had left. My vanity still had the small Robin figurine on it and my mirror still had a small chip on the side of it when I had thrown my shoe at Dick and he dodged. Now I know why that bastard had such quick reflexes.

I sat down on my bed and laid down, looking up. So much was happening. Just a couple of hours ago I had thought I'd only  get to see them again maybe in a year or...never. And now I was back... in my old room.

My room,

Yet I felt so out of place.

My fairy-covered bedframe twinkled in that childish defiance I remember all too well. All the pendants I'd ever gotten were animal themed like rabbits or bees and they sat in a scrunched pile on the dresser.It was all just so...juvenile.

It felt like a dead girl's bedroom.

It felt like Fae's bedroom.

I was about to block it all out, close my eyes and drift off, when I heard a knock on the door. I sat up and yelled for whoever it was to come in. The door slowly opened to reveal... Bruce. He had his mask off so I could finally see his face. He looked a little older, his ridiculously handsome face finally had some notches and dents.

He had a file in his hand and he came to me and sat down next to me. Slowly, like he was approaching a wounded animal. An awkward silence broke out and we looked just about everywhere but at each other.

It felt like I couldn'tbreathe-

He finally cleared his throat and spoke, "Fae, I..."

I flinched a little at the name. 'What's wrong with me?'

"You don't like it. Your name?" He asked, file set aside.

"How did you-"

"Dick's your best friend, but he's also never struggled with...isolation."

I hugged my knees together. It was true I suppose, the last time I'd been asked my name it was when I met Lex four years ago.

After that I was FLUX. That's all who I was.

"I thought I could brush it off the first time Wally said it. It felt weird but...it was my name. It's not supposed to make me want to shut someone's mouth with super glue." I frowned into my knees. They were bruised. They were always fucking bruised-

"I'm sure you aren't the only one to think that around Wally." He chuckled darkly, "But if it's reoccurring then...we don't have to-"

"I want to be Fae again." I swear talking in third person is not crazy shhhh," What I mean...I miss it, her...I miss her life but I...I don't think I'll ever get to be that Fae again after all of this. Ugh."