7

1 week later

It's been a week already, I haven't really talked to Liangelo. I see him when I go over to hang out with Lamelo and Lonzo. Or when Ashley makes me go over there. But all I say is hi. I've been spending a lot of time with Chelsea and my cheer team. I have try outs for all star in a few days, and my birthday is today. Chelsea is throwing me this huge birthday party at her house tonight. She has a big house so it should be fun. I invited Lamelo, Lonzo, Ashley, and Denise personally. I have been sort of kind of not really talking to one of my friends Jules. He's super cute and so nice. He's also taking part in this party. Hopefully it's fun, it's my 18th birthday so hopefully it is.

I walked downstairs and my parents had this cute breakfast made for me. It was so nice. They had balloons and stuff.

"It's not a big breakfast because we are having brunch with the neighbors. They wanted to take you or to eat for your birthday so" my mom said and kissed my forehead
"Aw that's sweet thanks mom and dad" I said
My mom handed me two gift bags. I opened them and it was a ysl bag, and money in the other one. I hugged them and said thanks.

I went back upstairs to get ready for brunch. I wore a girly dress with some cute sandals, I curled my hair. My parents were already ready so we headed out. I didn't see them there so I guess we were meeting with the Ball family at the brunch place. We drove for what felt like hours even though it was only 20 minutes. I got out the car and walked in with my parents. I saw the ball family sitting at a table. It was literally their whole family. Even their grandparents. I saw they had gifts. How sweet of all of them.

"oh my goodness, how cute" I said and walked to hug them all.
"Happy birthday" they all said
I smiled extra hard.
Liangelo walked up to me and gave me a hug.
"Happy birthday beautiful" he said quietly
I hugged him

We sat down and ordered our food. I talked with them about school, basketball, cheer and stuff. It was a really nice time. I love their family. After we ate and stuff everyone handed me their gifts, I'm too shy to open in front of everyone so I just thanked everyone. I was super grateful.

Once I got home I opened everyone's gifts. Everything was super nice. Liangelo got me a really really nice necklace. It was a Cartier love necklace. I know those are hella expensive. And the meaning behind them is really nice. It's a gift you get your girlfriend hence the name "love necklace." I sighed. I know he has feelings for me, and I have them for him, but it's not like he's doing anything about it, he has a girlfriend I know he doesn't wanna let go of.

The necklace

The necklace.

I sent a picture to Denise and Ashley in the group chat.

Denise: Babes... those necklaces cost like 6 grand.. he's in love with you.

He has a girlfriend.

Ashley: I think he's just really confused.