Chapter Fifty Five (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

Since right away wasn't really the best choice for us, we picked a date we both agreed on that wasn't that far away, but it was reasonable.

Fortunately and unfortunately, we hit a road block with the wedding date we set— that road block was me getting unexpectedly pregnant.

And it was NOT all glowing and beautiful like I expected...

Pregnancy, sucked.

Once again, we had to move our date to a way later date because of the baby, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. This day was even more beautiful with my own little family here.

Even if there were still people missing..

One person.

My grandpa has only reached out once since he practically disowned me that day I told him about Vincent and my memory.

Boy was I wrong thinking he'd be happy that day.

True colours have been shown, and I can't say I'm not happy I know the truth now.

If he can't support me and my life, and the happiness and love I've found? Then as far as I'm concerned I'm better off without him.

It just hurt so much, he was my father for fourteen years and took me in when I could've gone to foster care or something.

I owed him so much, my life practically.

No matter our situation now, I'm always going to be thankful and love my grandfather more than anything. Even if things aren't the way I wanted them to be with us, he still raised me and kept me safe.

The one time he reached out, which was also the last time I talked to him at all— he called when the baby was born.

Vincent took it upon himself to message my grandpa and let him know what was going on, he felt like he should at least know and have the option to see his great-grandchild. Practically grandchild since I was more of a daughter to him than a granddaughter.

To my surprise, he called me the morning after I gave birth. I was still in the hospital when he called my personal cell.

I was heart warmed to hear his voice again.

He told me he was beyond proud of me for taking on being a mother and going through child birth. He said he wished he could meet the baby, and that he could've been there for the birth..but felt he wasn't ready to see that yet.

See that I've made a life and family with the man he hates most in the world.

He had a place to feel that way, so I didn't fuss.

We had a small talk before things went silent and we mutually hung up. That was the last time I've talked to him— and I gave birth five months ago.

"Grace you better say bye Felicia to that frown right there." Rory demands as she glares at me, looking beautiful with her hair done up and her strapless baby pink gown.

Yes, I used my go to nail colour for my bridesmaids dresses.

"I can't stop overthinking, I just really thought he'd be here today of all days" I give a weak smile with the corner of my mouth, it didn't mask my disappointment.