Chapter One

• Dedicated to My Bestfriend

Ashely->

My names Ashley Howard...and this is my life.

Today was the day.  We packed up the truck and left and all of those memories were about to disappear.  What if they don’t like me?  What if they think I’m ugly?  All of those thoughts when through my head over and over again making my heart race and my eyes tear up. 

*~*

A few days after we got all moved in to the house I met this girl named Rebecca.  She was the only friend that I had, besides the sweet boy across the street named Trey.  I’m not sure how he got my number, but we would stay up talking all night long!  

Tomorrow night a group of people from town are having a welcoming party for my family out at the golf course.  Trey would be there and I was so nervous.  I lay in bed texting Trey and then he texted it to me.

“Will you go out with me?” 

“I don’t know.  I don’t really even know you.  Are you going out to the golf course tomorrow night?”

“Yeah”

“After we actually meet I will decide. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“I should probably go to sleep.  Night!”

“Night.”

*~*

“Sweetheart!  Please change into something nicer.  You don’t want to look like a slob in front of people you don’t know.”

“Thats the point Mom.  I don’t know them so why should I care how I look?”

“You are going to know these people for a while!  Make new friends, maybe even find a cute boy!”

“Mom, ever since I broke up with Brady I could careless about boys.”

“Whatever, Just change!”

“Okay.”

I Changed in to a nice light blue t shirt, some jean shorts and I got into the car.  My parents and my sister were already in there waiting for me.  We pulled out of the driveway as I saw Trey and his family get in the car to go to the party.  

*~*

We pulled into the parking lot of the golf course, we walked inside the country club and the first person I saw was Rebecca. 

“Thank God you’re here!”

“I wouldn’t miss it!”

She brought me outside.  The first person I saw was Trey, but who was he talking too?  He was so cute.  I couldn’t stop thinking about him.  Trey didn’t matter to me anymore, but he still liked me and that has a huge problem.  I acted like I liked him when we were texting.  I messed up big time! 

He pointed over at Rebecca and I has his cute friend an d him started to walk over to us.  

“Hey Ashely, this is Aaron.”

“Oh...oh hey. Yeah..Sorry”

He just laughed.

*~*