Prologue

Seoul was an entirely different place, unlike anything I'd ever seen before, walking through the hustling rowdy city made my chest ache for that familiar sense of home that I missed. My eyes wandered upwards to the sky, it may have been the same crystal blue but everything felt different here. Maybe it was the new beginning I needed.

I entered the building and quickly showed the acceptance email I'd received on my phone to the security guard. The guard gestured towards security where my bag was checked and I stepped through a metal detector. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, it was a large company but I didn't quite understand the drastic measures they were taking. I obliged and quickly retrieved my bag and nodded politely to the security guard that handed me a badge as well as a document which stated my interview number and the floor I needed to go to. 'Thank you.' I replied before turning towards the long entrance hall. For a Monday afternoon, this place was extremely hectic, people scurrying quickly to where they needed to get to. A low hum of silent chit chat was all that could be heard, my eyes scanned the area it was pristine and everything was so clean I could see my blurred reflection even on the floor.

The elevator chimed and I quickly pressed the button for my floor before moving back so others could pile in alongside me. I tried to see if anyone else was wearing the same coloured ID badge as me, one of my flaws always had been my competitive nature, but I saw no one else. I panicked slightly hoping I wasn't late as I quickly glanced at my watch to see that I still had plenty of time to spare, I was 30 minutes early. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves.

I had plenty of experience in the makeup and fashion industry. I wasn't obnoxious but I had worked hard to achieve my reputation, my old job back in Daegu had been for a small commercial and modelling firm, but they went under a few months before I moved here to Seoul. I tried to reassure myself as I waited outside the room that was labelled 'INTERVIEW ROOM'. A small number of people were arriving, mostly girls younger than myself. I wasn't exactly old, I was 23,  but by looking at some of these girls they looked fresh out of high school. I wasn't going to pass judgement on them just yet, age is no factor, it all depends on creativity and talent.

I glanced through my portfolio trying to recollect my notes and answers in the back of my mind. Making sure I had my questions prepared as I scanned through my information once more. They began calling numbers, I sat patiently awaiting my turn.

'2587' The interviewer finally called my number and I gracefully stood up from my seat and followed him inside the room. I introduced myself and the man began interviewing me whilst silently scanning through my portfolio. He asked me several questions; about my work ethic, why I'd left my previous jobs, products and brands in which I was familiar with, scenarios and different roleplay situations and their solutions.

Overall, he seemed happy with my responses and quickly handed me back my portfolio. 'One final question, Have you heard of BTS?' The interviewer asked me.

I paused debating over my response; if I said Yes, would they doubt my level of professionalism? If I said no, would they be offended?

I decided upon the best response 'The name sounds familiar, but I'm not a big follower of music. Only fashion and makeup.'

The interviewer smiled at me and offers out his hand towards me, I stand up abruptly and move my hand to shake his. 'Welcome to Big-Hit Entertainment Miss Lee.' The interviewer smiled happily. 'How much notice do you require before you're ready to work?' The gentleman asked.

A bright smile spread across my lips 'Right away,' I hastily replied. 'That's perfect,' He smiled and pressed an intercom button 'Mrs Jeon, can you please come to the Interview room. Inform the remaining interviews that the position has been filled and they can be dismissed.' He ordered sternly 'Yes sir.' A female voice replied through the intercom in response.