Thirty - Nine ✔

Mulai dari awal

"We can't trust anyone," I mutter, more to myself than to the others. "Not until we get Victoria back."

The room falls into a charged silence as we grapple with the betrayal that hangs in the air. Every ally is now a potential threat, and every move we make must be calculated and discreet.

The hours blur into a relentless pursuit, the war room humming with activity as we chase leads and unravel the intricate web surrounding Matteo. The city's underbelly reveals its secrets reluctantly, forcing us to tread carefully, navigating through alliances and betrayals.

Amidst the strategizing and planning, a constant ache gnaws at me – the absence of Victoria, the emptiness that echoes in every corner of the safe house. I steal glances at the untouched room we shared, her presence lingering in the air, a haunting reminder of what's at stake.

As we delve into the investigation, Rico uncovers a network of informants and connections that might have facilitated Matteo's intrusion. It's a complex labyrinth, and trust becomes a rare commodity. The realization that someone within our circle might have played a role in Victoria's abduction intensifies the urgency and sharpens the edge of our resolve.

The labyrinth of betrayal tightens its grip as we follow the twisted path of the investigation. Rico's meticulous efforts lead us to an unsettling revelation – the main head of Victoria's security detail, a person I respected and trusted with all my heart, was the mole all along.

The revelation hits like a sucker punch, a cold realization that someone so integral to Victoria's safety had played a sinister role in her abduction. My mind races, grappling with the disbelief that someone I held in high regard, someone who had been privy to our most guarded secrets, could be responsible for such treachery.

The war room, once a hub of collective determination, now crackles with tension and disbelief. The photographs and documents laid out before us paint a damning picture. The individual who was supposed to be the shield, the guardian of Victoria's safety, had been feeding information to Matteo, orchestrating the breach that led to her kidnapping.

Questions flood my mind, each one a stab of betrayal. How did I overlook the signs? Was there a motive behind this act of deceit? The room echoes with the weight of unspoken accusations, the air thick with a sense of betrayal that permeates every corner.

Rico, ever the pragmatic strategist, breaks the silence. "We need to confront this head-on. We can't afford any more surprises, especially from within."

The decision to confront the mole is met with a unanimous agreement. The very person who was supposed to be an unwavering ally will now face the consequences of their actions. A sense of grim determination settles over the room as we prepare for this unexpected confrontation.

My steps feel heavier as I leave the war room, the weight of the revelation pressing down on me. The corridors of the safe house, once familiar and comforting, now seem to close in, echoing with the echoes of betrayal.

My fists clench involuntarily, my anger boiling over as I confront Marcus, the once-trusted head of Victoria's security detail turned betrayer. The air crackles with tension as I unleash a torrent of rage, demanding answers for the unforgivable betrayal.

"You were supposed to protect her!" I shout, my voice a seething growl. "How could you betray us like this?"

Marcus, now exposed, maintains a stoic facade, attempting to justify his actions. The room reverberates with my frustration as he stammers through feeble explanations, each word further fueling the flames of my anger.

"Why, Marcus?" I snarl, my tone laced with venom. "What drove you to sell out someone you swore to protect?"

In the face of my relentless interrogation, Marcus breaks. His gaze drops to the floor, and he mutters, "It was Luigi. He paid me to do it."