Lover (NamYeon)

♡️Namjoon x Yeonjun♡️

Namjoon was in euphoria. He was really happy. The English language has millions of words but none can describe how happy he is feeling right now.

Why was he so happy? It's because his longtime best friend, his childhood friend, Choi Yeonjun, accepted his confession and is now his boyfriend. He was a nervous wreck during the whole confession, but Yeonjun's presence made him feel much braver.

They were awkward during the first date, but it got better date by date. Their relationship grew stronger and their bond was simply unbreakable. Namjoon and Yeonjun loved each other very, very much. They were together even after Namjoon graduated high school and proceeded to get a job while still studying in an online university.

He bought a house in Ilsan and the first person that came to mind to tell was Yeonjun. He moved in after he graduated high school and they were the happiest couple. They spent a lot of time together in the house. Namjoon and Yeonjun both had a talent of rapping and they both liked music very much.

They tried cooking together, they painted the walls of the rooms in the house, they danced together, they were having fun with each other. It was all fun until the night of the party. Namjoon had been promoted and he invited his workmates to his house for a party.

"Congratulations to Namjoon!"

The house was merry and crowded with just Namjoon's workmates. Yeonjun could see how close he is to his workmates and that put a smile on his face. It calms him, knowing that Namjoon is still as friendly as he was in high school.

Some of his workmates even started a conversation with him, asking him how Namjoon is home. They had fun joking around and Yeonjun had a fun time getting to know Namjoon's friends.

"Hey Joonie! Congrats for the promotion! I knew that suggesting your name would be a great idea." A female workmate said while hugging him in a giddy way. Yeonjun saw that and he felt anger rising in him. However, he decided to think positive and just see that as a friend's hug.

"You suggested me to boss? That's cool Eunha! Thanks!" He smiled brightly. The woman named Eunha smiled back and then started to flirt.

"You know, I think I need a reward for that, don't you think?" She blinked, scooting closer towards Namjoon. Namjoon was oblivious of what she was doing but Yeonjun does.

Eunha leaned in closer and planted a kiss on Namjoon's cheeks. Everyone who saw it started wooing, supporting what Eunha was doing. Yeonjun looked at them with a confused face. Why are they supporting this woman? Do they not know that he is Namjoon's boyfriend?

Seeing that her actions drew attention and gained support, Eunha continues to kiss Namjoon, on the lips.

Everyone cheered.

Namjoon was surprised.

Yeonjun could feel his world spin. His whole body felt weak. His tears started to flow. They don't know that he's his boyfriend. Namjoon never told them. And that fact broke his heart. He dropped his cup and ran upstairs. The sound of the cup hitting the floor made Namjoon's friends who were talking to him turn to look at it and saw Yeonjun heading up.

"What's up with him?"

"Don't know."

Namjoon snapped out of his sudden shock and pushed Eunha away. The rest were shocked by this.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled. Yeonjun who was halfway up the stairs stopped after he herd Namjoon's voice. He was mad. Namjoon was a calm and patient person, it's hard to piss him off and Eunha did just that.

"I'm sorry but you stepped out of line Eunha. I told you I had a boyfriend!" He snapped.

Everyone gasped and murmured among them. Yeonjun slowly turned back and went down the stairs. Namjoon stared at Eunha with rage. Eunha just rolled her eyes.

"They didn't know that." She replied.

"No, but you did. And you're my friend. I thought I could trust you!" Namjoon yelled. He sighed. "You ruined the mood for my plan tonight, and I have to think of another romantic way to actually do this."

Yeonjun's heart thumped as he locked eyes with Namjoon. They were lovers and yet, at that very moment, his heart beated faster than ever. He was half expecting something very romantic to happen and he braced himself for it.

Namjoon slowly started to talk while he took step by step towards Yeonjun. As he did so he reached something from his back pocket.

"Dearest Choi Yeonjun, I want you to know, that when I first saw you, I didn't develop any special feelings for you. But as we grew closer, you started to show me your wonderful traits and amazing personality. I fell for you since then. Yeonjun, you are the most beautiful human being on earth and I stand by that until the day I die. Choi Yeonjun, my boyfriend, my lover, my soulmate..."

He kneeled and took out a ring from his back pocket. Everyone was speechless but Yeonjun was even more speechless and flustered. He couldn't hide his smile and his blush. He started to tear up and waited to hear the next sentence from Namjoon.

"..will you be mine, forever and ever?" Namjoon proposed, smiling ever so bright. Yeonjun smiled widely and nodded, saying 'yes'. Everyone cheered and Namjoon slipped the ring onto his fingers.

Yeonjun smiled at the ring and looked into Namjoon's eyes with so much happiness in his eyes and he could see the euphoria in Namjoon's. Tears streamed down his cheeks and Namjoon wiped it away with his thumbs, proceeding to cup his lovers cheeks.

"I love you. So so much." Yeonjun said.

"I love you too.. Much more than anyone I have ever loved." Namjoon replied, making Yeonjun smile before leaning in for a deep kiss.

Namjoon's workmates cheered for the couple but they didn't care about them and just stared into each others eyes.