Chapter 1: The Life of Arkhalis Bradshaw

This is my first book, ever. My grammar and punctuation might be a little messy so please bear with me. If you like the book, don't forget to vote or comment what you like. If you find and glaring issues or have any critiques you can also put them in the comments. Other than that, enjoy my book!

"Don't make a decision just to regret it later. Make a decision based on your ideals as a person, not the ideals of the people around you."

My life's an endless purgatory of annoyance at the moment. Every morning before school, my older sister Aileen runs in my room and wakes me up before my alarms even go off, and they go off earlier than they should be.

School usually starts at 8:30 but part of her wakeup routine is waking me up at 7:30 because she likes being able to get to school early. Her lifestyle completely contradicts mine because I'm the type of person to sleep till the last second and she's the type of person to wake up early to do her daily routine, which takes an HOUR mind you.

It gets aggravating sometimes but there's nothing I can do about it. After my sister started lifting after school, it was all over for me. I try my best to keep a distance from her but you know what they say, opposites attract. As a person who loathes the American education system because of its inability to try and engage people in learning, going to school everyday isn't something I find fun. Since I could remember, all I wanted was to have a life of peace and quiet with a couple people I could call friends, but because of my sister that life is slowly moving outside of my grasp. I have nothing against my sister, actually I care about her a lot but since my sister is one of the most popular girls at my school and people are always bothering her it means they're indirectly always bothering me.

Today was going to be especially tiring because it was homecoming. Last year there was a legitimate line in front of our house with people wanting to ask her out so I was half expecting the exact same thing today.

October 5th, the day of homecoming. The day where hearts are broken and drama is spread like wildfire. I laid in bed looking out the window not wanting to get up. I heard steps creaking up the stairs and I knew my peaceful morning was about to be broken by the antithesis of harmony. Aileen slammed the door open and screamed "Wakey Wakey Ark'' while proceeding to jump onto the bed WWE style and knock the life out of me with her elbow.

"OWW! Can you not do that, it might not seem like it but your brother is fragile." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Fragile my ass, you can take more hits than that," She chuckled. "Since you're already awake you wanna walk with me to school?" She asked cheerfully.

I rubbed my head and grabbed my phone from my nightstand.

8:57 huh, its too early for me personally but since I'm already up there's no reason I can saw no.

"Ok, let me get ready," I said as I begrudgingly got out of my bed.

"Thanks Ark, I usually walk with Sam but he's sick today," She said as she got off my bed. "Getting a cold on homecoming, God must hate him."

"Or love him. Homecoming at school is the worst place for people like me."

Aileen groaned and jumped off the bed.

"People like you? I didn't know a cynical wannabe cool guy was a part of something."

"That's rich coming from the senior in high school that relies on said 'wannabe cool guy' for their homework when he's 2 years younger." I retorted jokingly.

"Whatever, just get ready so we can go." She said.

I got out of my bed and walked out to my closet.