I felt bad for Kai, he obviously would have preferred to have not been apart of that life and instead a normal school boy preparing to graduate and go to university. 

Before he left, he embraced me for a hug, a long-overdue hug. His much bigger frame had an easy time wrapping around me, his head sat comfy on top of mine. 'I love you Sierra' he mumbled, a swarm of happy butterflies came over me. For years I was unsure if my brothers resented me for taking our mother away from them but once I arrived, that feeling started to fade and just hearing Kai say those special words, it reassures me. 'I love you too Kai, now go start up that fancy car you have out the front for our getaway' I murmured back with a small chuckle. 

'Of course, meet me down in 5' he responded before leaving. 

---

Okay, I have everything I think. 

I start heading out and as I descended the stairs their angry voices could be heard almost clearly. They all must have been in Noah's office area but even with the door closed, you could hear them from here. 

I quickly made my way to the fridge to grab some brekkie and an arvo snack, I didn't really feel like canteen food today plus leftover pasta is always good. 

'BOO' a male voice shouted causing me to jump in fright, immediately I twist around prepared to face this unknown person. 

'Mateo seriously?!' 

His laughing fit only made me more pissed off and on a good morning too, not okay. 

'Mateo, can you go wait in the car with Kai out the front, I'll be quick' for some strange reason he actually followed my request which is strange considering he's pretty damn stubborn. 

Unsure if my brothers were going to somehow pop out from Noahs office, my speed for preparing went twice as quick especially with that 5-minute time limit in my head.

Finally, I shut the door and hurry to the car, sliding into the fully free backseat. 'Sierra, you're slower than I thought' Kai rolled his eyes and immediately drove off. 

'Are the rest okay with us going early?' Mateo asked hesitantly to Kai then looking back over to me. 'Well listen, we will find out' he smirks in response to Mateo. 

Even though we took 10 more minutes longer to get there with Kai's driving, I really didn't mind and to be honest, it saved me from a heart attack. 

'Sierra, I will meet you back here after school' Kai yelled as we walked off in separate directions. I nodded and continued my conversation with Mateo. 

---

The first session passed, the rest of my brothers were probably at school, I knew they would be mad but right now I was careless. Mateo stuck by me all morning and we had a pretty funny conversation in class which was a good distraction from learning about tiny little molecules. 

We headed to our next session, as we walked through the busy corridor, I notice Reid walking up to where we were, angry as ever. Mateo quickly moved us to the side so it was easier for Reid to come to us but if he wasn't here then I would have just run. It was like he knew what to do.

'You sure it was all okay this morning?' Mateo whispered in my ear full of panic, I didn't want to scare him more but I couldn't lie, 'they may have not known what Kai was doing' my voice came out soft, I could feel Reids dominating aura coming in close beside us. 

His towering figure shadowed over us,

'You let her leave, you know your rules' he seethed directly at Mateo, 'I know si- um Reid but Kai assured me you knew' he defended himself, as scared as he looked, he spoke with confidence. 'Placing blame on to my brother isn't going to work out well for you' Reid's voice became even lower, glaring right at Mateo. 

'I told him it was fine' I spoke up, trying to defend Mateo because I know that worse things would happen to him than me. Reid's cold stare now shifted to mine, 'Sierra, we will talk about this at home, for now, Liam is out the front and taking you back, I will deal with Mateo' he replied adding a smile while glancing at Mateo. 

'W-what?' I look at him confused, schools not even over. 

'The rest are at home including Kai, I'm going to look after this guy' his glare fixated on Mateo as he spoke indifferently. 

'Reid please leave him alone, he didn't mean to break any rules, it's my fault' I sputtered out, I knew where it was going and Mateo didn't deserve it. 'Please Reid' 

The corridors emptied out as the bell rang and no one else dared to walk through once they caught glimpse of Reid and our situation. 

'It's okay Sierra, I made a mistake' Mateo stated, pleading me with his eyes to just go. 

'Reid, please, leave him' I tried once more.

'Go' he said under his breath and started to grab my hand to lead me for the door. 

----

I arrived to Liam's car and hopped in, Liam greeted me then started the car and drove off in a rush.  

'Sierra, we have problems, I'm going to call Jeremy' Liam informed me, his face full of uneasiness. He dialled in Jeremy's number on the car calling system. 

'Liam what type of problems, you're worrying me' I focused all my attention on him, my voice full of apprehension. 

He took a breath before explaining, 'Sia, because of the whole Jeremy thing that led them to look into the Italian mafia, it helped me gain more access to their whereabouts and be able to track movements, as well as your brothers keeping tabs on them. They are dirty dealers and somehow the Italian mafia realised our tactics and believe that your brother's mafia is plotting an attack to wipe them out' 

This couldn't get any worse, them already figuring us out so soon could ruin everything. Now my brothers are at risk. 

'Hello?' Jeremy's static voice resonated through the car, 'Jer, listen' Liam requests and the silence as he grouped his thoughts nearly killed me. 

'Sia, Jer. Noah has organised a complete operation to erase the whole of that Italian mafia, tonight and trust me, he's more than capable' 

Authors Note

Hey all! 

Just in case you were wondering, both 'Their sister, Their strength' and 'Miss perfect and her brothers' are written before this one!

This story is inspired by many amazing stories out there but in particular, the stories mentioned above by gracesilverleigh, who I've spoken with about the elements inspired by her and she's very supportive, and isabelas7. So I recommend if you haven't checked them out to go do that ❤️

But inspiration is not copying and I hope you all see the uniqueness of my story in the latest chapters and the rest to come! The mysterious plot is untwining which I'm really excited about!! 

Sorry if there are any mistakes😎 

Hope y'all liked this chapter... 

Anna🥰🥰