I smiled politely. "Thanks. I better get back to my band."

Before he could speak anymore, I walked away to find my team. Finding them in the second fifth row, I sat next to Ryker, leaning my head on his shoulder. He chuckled. "Tired?"

I nodded. "Yeah, didn't have enough sleep."

Victor who was sitting on my other side glanced at me. "Why?"

"A nightmare," I stated simply. Kota and Victor were silent. Ever since they were back, they knew that I still had nightmares. At least my nightmares weren't about Volto or my stepmother, but sometimes they were worse. The nine also knew that it wasn't their job to console me after a nightmare. They hoped that they would be able to soon, but not until I was ready.

I don't know how much time passed until the host tapped on a microphone. I looked up, noticing a peppy girl on stage. She was like a puppy on sugar overdose, slightly reminding me of Luke. "Welcome to the band auditions for Band Fest. I'm Tori, the president of the student music committee. I want to welcome the judges who are alumni from this very college. Music Professor Wilfred Edwards, Producer for the well known band, Adonis, Brandon Gilheart, and member of the band Here You Are, Min Yoongi."

Applause echoed as the three judges appeared on stage. Wilfred Edwards was a known opera singer on Broadway when he decided to retire to teach music. Brandon Gilheart was a producer for the rising pop-electric band Adonis, and Min Yoongi is a member of the famous k-pop band Here You Are that was taking America by storm.

As the applause died out, Tori continued to speak. "We have a total of 25 bands competing for the award. The bands will perform before the judges, and only ten will pass on. After that, the ten remaining bands will come back another day to perform once again. They will narrow it down to six bands, and those bands will go perform at a concert on campus. The winner will be voted on by the puclic. The award for the first place winner consists of $1000, a song with the band Adonis, and a music video with Here You Are. So, with that, good luck!"

She looked at her phone. "First up is Six Kings."

Six people climbed onto stage. I bit my lip at the band. I could already tell that they were at a disadvantage as soon as they began to play. They were a bit off with their beat, and the voices were okay but a bit bland. After they finished, scattered applause was heard. The equipment was quickly exchanged, and Tori reappeared. "Next is the Celestials."

Murmurs rose as the Farrah Team, Lake, and Karla climbed onto the stage. Their looks attracted everyone's attention. Unlike some all female teams, they were dressed in less-revealing clothes but still were able to look sexy at the same time. Catcalls came from several of the boys. After the first audition with a mediocre band, they thought that they wouldn't be that good either. A smirk came to my face. How wrong they were.

Wendy began with the keyboard, and the others began with the drum, bass, and guitar. Vivian and Kayla stepped towards the microphones. When Vivian started to speak, eyes rounded. Girls' eyes flashed with jealousy at their looks, vocals, and music. Guys' eyes rounded with shock and lust.

Talkin' in my sleep at night, makin' myself crazy
Out of my mind, out of my mind
Wrote it down and read it out, hopin' it would save me
Too many times, too many times
My love, he makes me feel like nobody else, nobody else
But my love, he doesn't love me, so I tell myself, I tell myself

One: Don't pick up the phone
You know he's only callin' 'cause he's drunk and alone
Two: Don't let him in
You'll have to kick him out again
Three: Don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him

I got new rules, I count 'em

I keep pushin' forwards, but he keeps pullin' me backwards
Nowhere to turn, no way, nowhere to turn, no
Now I'm standin' back from it, I finally see the pattern
I never learn, (I never learn)
But my love (my love), he doesn't love me
So I tell myself, I tell myself
I do, I do, I do

One: Don't pick up the phone
You know he's only callin' 'cause he's drunk and alone
Two: Don't let him in
You'll have to kick him out again
Three: Don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him

I got new rules, I count 'em

Yeah, aah, ah ooh
Out again, ah oh
Oh oh

I got new rules, I count 'em

Yeah, ah, ah ooh, out again

As they finished, Ryker laughed. "Now that's a competition."