CH. 16

Sang

I sighed and laid my head in my hand. Everything was hurting and confusing. My head was pounding with a ferocious headache, and my throat was sore from screaming at them. Although my stepmother's last punishment with vinegar and lemon happened over four years ago, my throat would be sore if I overused it.

Ryker stepped in front of me, blocking my view of the Blackbourne Team. He bent down. "Hey, are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Baby girl," Uncle came up to us. "Do you want to take this somewhere else?"

I smiled at him. The hospital was not a place to do something like this. "Yeah. Can we take this to the diner?"

Uncle smiled and bent to kiss me on my head. "Sure. I'll go ahead and prepare the place for us. Phil, will you be joining us?"

Dr. Roberts looked at Rielle who waved her hand. "Go, she needs you. Besides I have the extremely handsome Dr. Trevor looking after me."

I looked at Ryker who stepped out of my way. I looked at the nine men who had hurt me so much and the Toma team. "We will be taking this to Uncle's diner. We can explain everything later."

They left with backward glances which I ignored to look at the Toma Team. Kayli came and wrapped her arm around me. I slumped in her arms. "Are you going to come with us?"

Kayli smirked. "hell ya. We are on your side, Sang. We will help you whatever that happens." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Dr. Roberts was waiting on us. Kayli saw it too and drew back. She gave me a smile. "We'll go ahead and wait for you."

As the Toma team left, Dr. Roberts came to my side with his flashlight. "Let me see your throat, Sang. I noticed that you were massaging your throat earlier."

I opened my mouth and let him examine me. Once he was done, his face looked grim. "I don't think that you should sing anymore. Your chords are strained. You should let them rest for a day."

I nodded tiredly. Rowan came and pulled me into his embrace. I wrapped my arms around his waist. Rowan sighed. "Hey, how are you with them being back?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. I looked at the people around me. "Let's do this and see what they want."

Fifteen minutes later, my team and I pulled up into the parking lot of Uncle's diner. There were several new cars but there was a familiar black jeep that sat next to a hunter green Subaru outback. Near the edge of the lot were the Toma team's car. The black suv had a slight dent in its side from Raven's terrifying driving. As we were getting out, Phil pulled up next to us. He gave me a supporting smile before we started for the diner.

When we entered, a hand took mine. I looked up to see Ryker who silently gave me support. In the back of the diner were tables set up in a misshaped rectangular. On the far side were the Blackbourne Team. On the sides sat the Toma team and Uncle with a space open next to him for Phil. The chairs closest to the entrance were empty.

Nine pairs of eyes looked up at me as we made our way towards our seats. Several familiar scents I haven't smelt in years surrounded me. Rowan took a seat to my left while Ryker sat beside me. I took a seat and looked up straight into a pair of crystal blue eyes. Gabriel had changed. His hair was bleached blonde. There wasn't a trace of his rich brown hair. He still wore the three black rings in his ear but the stud was a different color. It was a bright pink. I looked at him in confusion. Why would he be wearing that?

I looked at the others. Luke still had his long hair that hung down to his mid-back. Chocolate brown eyes were nervously darting from me to the people surrounding me. He wore a baby blue shirt with more buttons buttoned than when I first met him. Around his right wrist was a braided pink bracelet.