Ch. 10

Sang

I looked at Ryker who seemed quiet. After our performance in the club earlier, he seemed to be in thought. The others seemed to know that something was off. We had to cut our performance short due to an emergency mission. Mr. Evers understood and had the dj take over.

Cian spoke, commanding our attention. "Here is the mission. There are incriminating files against a man that is involved in several things such as drugs, exotic animal trafficking, and even human trafficking. The files contain the transactions between him and others in the same business. If we get the files, we will be able to take them down for good." At our nods, he continued. "Here is the plan. Titania will infiltrate the building with Hades. Ryuu will work here to hack into the system and get past the codes and passcode on his computer. Azrael and I will be here, ready for backup if needed. Understood?"

I nodded. I knew what we were to do. We didn't use our names just in case we were being recorded. For missions, we called each other by our codenames. Rowan was Hades, the Greek god of the underworld. Rin was Ryuu, the Japanese word for dragon. Ryker was Azrael, an angel of death. Cian was Lugh, a Celtic warrior, and I was Titania, the fairy queen.

In five minutes, we were suited up and ready. The front doors opened as Rowan and I approached. Rowan followed me as we bypassed the coded doors and security. Once we were in the office, I slid a device into the computer that would allow Rin to control the computer.

Minutes ticked by, increasing the risk of us being caught. The security guards would be taking their rounds again soon, and we had a ten second gap that the security guard would not be at the front desk for us to escape. I whispered into my headset. "Ryuu, how much longer?"

He made a sound. "His computer is more complicated than I thought. There are so codes. If I hit the wrong one, it would set off the building's alarm system."

Suddenly Ryker gasped. "Titania, Hades, hide. The guard is making a surprise round."

Rowan and I scrambled. There wasn't much furniture in the office. There was a couch that would make the most reasonable choice to hide but it was too obvious. Something above us caught my attention. There was an air shaft opening above the couch. With quick movements, we were able to unscrew the metal covering and jump into the ceiling. I was on one side with Rowan on the other. Carefully we pulled the metal covering back without showing any sign of our fingers. Rowan shifted, and a loud creak echoed in the room. We shared a look. We couldn't make a move while the guard was in here.

The door below creaked open. The lights came on, and Rowan and I shifted away from the light while holding onto the grate. Footsteps sounded below us. I took a peek. The guard was looking behind the couch. He was taking his time, deciding to sit on the couch and look around. "Damn, and I thought there was someone here. This dude has it good." He sighed mournfully before getting up and turned off the lights. His footsteps faded, but we waited.

Az's voice came in through the mic. "He's gone. The next shift will be in thirty minutes."

Ryuu spoke. "I'm in. Downloading the files."

Twenty minutes later we were making our way towards the exit. We were almost there when we heard footsteps coming towards us. We shared a look. The guard had finished his round early. We started to run but the Guard was already on us. He was shocked when he saw us, but he was ready. He took out his baton. We had to fight him since he was between us and the doors, and we had to take him down before the other guard came.

Rowan charged him, but he proved to be an experienced fighter. Punches and kicks were exchanged, and Rowan slid across the floor. I ran forward, using my taekwondo to climb onto his shoulders. He bashed his fists against my legs but I wasn't going to let him go. I forced us to roll forward and I released him. Before We were even on the ground, I had swung on my hands, delivering a kick. A hand grabbed my hair, making me scream as he pulled. I elbowed him in the gut before twisting and hitting him in the throat. I knew where to hit that wouldn't permanently hurt him but to disable him enough. As he was staggering back, I did a hand spring and delivered a kick that sent his sprawling. By the time he went down, Rowan had a bloody nose and a black eyes while I was sporting several bruises on my arms and legs.

I ran towards Rowan who was unstably getting to his feet. I wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we stumbled towards the door. As soon as we passed through the doors, the other guard had arrived. Instead of grabbing his baton, he grabbed his gun. We were trying to go as fast as we could but we weren't fast enough.

"Az!" I screamed. I turned just in time to see him aim his gun and shoot. Before the bullet could find its target, a black car screeched between us. The bullet embedded itself into the side of the car.

My vision was blurring. The car door opened, and a voice barked. "Get in."

Hands grabbed me, trying to get me into the car. I fought, resisting until I heard Ryker's voice in my ear. "Tania, stop. They are helping us."

I stopped fighting and we got into the car. I collapsed against the seat. The smell of Cian's Irish soap washed over me. I closed my eyes, muttering. "Cian, you are a lifesaver."

"Thanks, but I'm not Cian." A voice, so familiar, made my eyes jump open. A face that I hadn't seen in years hovered above me. Grey eyes looked down at me as his arms came to wrap themselves around me. "Sang," his voice was chocked as tears appeared in his eyes. "You're here."