chapter 18

Beyond the horizon, the apricot sun illuminated the shimmering haze of pollution. In the far distance, the silhouette of the skyline pierced through the warm glow like a jagged mountain ridge. Millions of lights caused the dense mass of skyscrapers glitter.

People were needle points and cars were blood cells flowing through the veins of the city. Despite the time, the hustle and bustle never came to a halt. The city's residents were off for a movie or to chill out in a smoky jazz bar downtown.

The Kim siblings were simply chilling in their apartment, watching a silly old comedy movie. Munching on some deliciously, cheesy popcorn, Seoyeon eyed her recently vibrating phone.

Sighing, the dark-haired girl picked up the device. With her brow arched, Seoyeon stares at the unknown number.

Unknown: Hello Seoyeon.

And Seoyeon being the– sometimes cautious– weirdo she is, replied:

Seoyeon: yoyoyo who dis 🤠

Unknown: I can't tell you that.

Seoyeon: wOnDeRfUL. yo birdbrain here's a newsflash: I have better things to do in life than do deal with yo punctuated punkass so bai 😗✌️

Seoyeon: oh hey look, an aLLitEraTioN!! w0W!! 😱😱

Unknown: Thought so.

Unknown: You brought this upon yourself, Seoyeon. Didn't think these pictures would be necessary to persuade you...

Seoyeon swore she felt several shivers run down her spine in an eerie manner that she absolutely despised; she was really afraid, and so she nervously typed back:

Seoyeon: boi quit tripping it ain't funny now

Unknown: Do you really think this funny?

Seoyeon's breath got clogged in her throat as her fingertips suddenly went colder than ice; her eyes witnessing the unknown number send confidential photos of Jungkook and her.

Them holding hands, Jungkook pecking her forehead, them hugging and various other ones.

Suho heard her choked whimper and paused the movie, shifting his gaze towards her, "Sis? Something wrong?" Seoyeon looked back at him, silently, as a glossy coat tears blurred her vision. She nodded, still unable to utter a single word.

The dark-haired female passed her phone's displaying the texts, to which Suho read intently with furrowed brows. "They sent another message," Suho mumbled as he read out, "It says: Believe me, now?"

"Holy crap," He cursed under his breath, "What are you gonna say?" It was her cue to snatch the phone from the clutches of Suho's hands.

Seoyeon punched in the letters, saying:

Seoyeon: who really is this and what do u want?

Unknown: I don't need to reveal who I am since you know me quite well, but what I want is for you to stay away from Jeon Jungkook.

"Dude, they're saying they won't reveal themselves since I know them," Seoyeon finally choked out the words, "But what kind of person, would do such a thing?"

"It depends," Suho voiced out, rubbing his temples, "This person obviously wants to harm you, since you might've unintentionally hurt them in the past. Think of someone who you might've hurt in the past. Maybe high-school or college?"

Seoyeon hummed in response, digging through her memories as she shut her eyes in the process.

Choi Daehan? No, wait, that guy was a close gay friend of mine.