chapter 25

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

Darting his tongue out to wet his lips, he unlocked his phone, swiftly pressing onto Seoyeon's contact while letting his finger hover over her number as bit pensively bit his lip.

"Here goes nothing," Jungkook muttered quietly to himself as he clicked onto her contact. He stood up from his seat, walking to the other end of the aisle and tossing a glance towards the other members that entered.

Once the boy got to a secluded area, without anyone in earshot, he exhaled deeply in an attempt to calm himself.

Hardly moments later, he froze. Anxiety thrusting itself; rattling his demeanour when the number began ringing.

"Come on, pick up, pick up, please, baby love," Jungkook mumbled impatiently, running a hand through his hair in frustration while his foot tapped incessantly against the carpeted floor.

Much to Jungkook's dismay, the call went into voicemail, "I'm sorry, the person you are trying to call–"

"Damn it," Jungkook cursed under his breath, clicking his tongue in vexation as he dismissed the call. Namjoon watched his little brother's actions the entire time, mouthing a what happened to Jungkook when his gaze landed on him.

Jungkook imitated the action of a phone call with his fingers and then eventually, shook his hand, all while soundlessly mouthing, she isn't picking up.

Namjoon frowned, his eyebrows clashing together in confusion. Not because he didn't comprehend Jungkook, but the reasons as to why the girl wouldn't pick up.

The older boy motioned to Jungkook once again, moving his hand back and forth.

The said ebony-haired boy looked up, raising his head, implying yeah, what? Namjoon continued, mouthing not-so-soundlessly this time, "Come back here; just call her again when we land."

Jungkook bit his lip, nodding, before briskly walking back to his seat.  Sighing as he sank into the plushness of the seat, Jungkook heaved a deep sigh, throwing his head back and shut his eyes as the plane slowly and eventually took off with a low, gruff rumble.

◉✧◉

"And... there we go! That's just about it."

Hyejin laughed, exhaustion evident in her voice when tilting her head as she wiped the dew on her forehead with the back of her hand. Seoyeon breathed out audibly, mirroring her aunt's laugh as she pressed her palms flat against the heavy mahogany-shade teakwood table the pair just moved.

"Oh, my, I almost forgot!" Hyejin slightly exclaimed, placing a hand over her chest - at this Seoyeon looked up, blinking in confusion as she did so. Hyejin continued, guilt leaking in her voice when she uttered, "You must be so exhausted, dear. Would you like to have anything? I can try and whip something up in a few–"