LX. Ithor

Chapter Sixty
Genevieve

"Where are you taking us?" Obi Wan asks me, sitting back as I bring us into hyperspace.

I lean back as well, smoothing out my outfit. I decided to wear my pale blue long skirt, with the matching long sleeve shirt that flares out at the sleeves, showing a bit of my midsection. I put my hair into a braid and I made sure to wear my mother's necklace, which is very important for this trip.

"You said the republic don't have the resources to do a thorough search for Grevious? Well if we are going to be efficient, then we need the best ships. I'm taking us to my mother's home planet; Ithor."

Understanding floods through Obi Wan, making him smile at me, clearly impressed. "The people live in the skies, not on the surface, so would have to have efficient ships. That's very clever."

I smirk at him, touching my mother's necklace. "My mother told me that Ithor has the fastest ships in the galaxy, that most starship racers buy their ships from there," I shake my head, my mother's image surfacing into my mind. "She always told me one day she would take me there. I know we are on an important mission, but it feels like I'm getting a piece of my mother's back by going to Ithor."

Obi Wan reaches forward and clutches onto my hand, his voice tender as he says; "I'm glad you are able to finally see your mother's home, and I'm even more glad that I'm here to share such a moment with you."

I squeeze his hand. "So am I. I wish we could have brought Jay. I want him to see Ithor too."

"Once the war is over we'll bring him here. I know he'd love it. Maybe we could stay here for a week or two, take some time just with the three of us."

The smile on my face is one to top all others. "That sounds incredible. It would be nice to be a real family for once."

Obi Wan brushes his thumb over the back of my hand. "I know, my dear. The sooner we find Grevious, the sooner we can have that."

I hear the ship beeping at me, telling me that we are approaching Ithor. I let go of my husband's hand and bring us out of hyperspace, latching onto the controls and descending us into the atmosphere.

My mother told me Ithor was the most beautiful place she'd ever seen, and I have to agree with her. The surface is covered in mountains, made of deep purple and blue rock, the color of the sky when it has just turned to night. The mountains are tipped with snow, and below the mountains are forests filled with trees, with light pink and purple colored leaves. The cities above the beautiful surface are made of a dark stone material, onyx in color, carried in the skies by a hover technology beneath all the buildings, with wooden bridges to connect between cities. It's utterly breathtaking.

"What is your business entering Cautana?" A voice comes in from the communications of the ship. Cautana is the capital city, where we are currently entering the boundaries of.

I lean forward and reply to the man on the other end; "Tell Duke Soaran that his niece, the queen of Taris, is here to see him."

There is a pause before the man replies; "Of course, your majesty."

I turn to Obi Wan, explaining to him; "My mother's older brother inherited the throne of Ithor. My grandparents are long dead, they died a few years before my parents got married. He's been Duke of Ithor a long time."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"Not since I was very young, probably my mother's funeral. He and my father didn't get along very well. I did hear from him after we won Taris back, he wanted to make sure I was alright and give me condolences for my father's death. He's a nice man, I know he'll help us."