S i x

Two days past in a blur. I did the same old rounds of the bottom level of the house before running in the meadow and sitting in the highest branch of the willow tree, only once did I get to see a glimpse of the wild horses. After spending my own time in the meadow I checked on Ben then helped Mary in the garden.

It has been a week since I left home, since I committed such a horrid crime. Although my mothers death was not of my cause I had still drunk her blood, even if I was forced to, it didn't help lessen the thought that I was a monster.

I looked down at the blood on my hands, from the fish I was gutting. A sense of nostalgia washed over me in waves. My fathers blood coating my hands, his choking, gargling sounds on the ground in front of me. Choking on his own blood, from the deep slash in his throat. A wound that was caused by my hands.

"Angelica?" Mary said from behind me.

I jumped and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Are you alright sweetie?"

It took me a second to calm my rapid beating heart and force a smile at her as I nodded my head.

"Is something troubling you?"

I shook my head, a lie. I just hope it wasn't obvious. I stood aside for Mary to inspect the fish, she nodded looking at it.

After I washed everything I wrapped it in aluminum foil with some butter and chopped onion before putting it in the oven. I sighed sitting down in the lounge room, making myself comfortable on the black leather couch.

I moaned as I raised my arms in the air, clasping my hands in a tight hold, I tried to stretch the muscles in my shoulder blades but instantly stopped when I heard Mister Arlington clear his throat from the corner of the room. With wide eyes I snapped my head to the far corner of the room. Sitting in a soft, brown arm chair was Tobias, a newspaper in hand, his steel grey eyes staring over the rim of the paper.

My face heated up in embarrassment. Standing up quickly, I dropped into a low curtsy and looked up at him.

"sorry," I mouthed.

He raised a brow before looking down at the newspaper again, dissmising me.

With a soft relieved sigh, I made my way to my room, just as I came to my door Mary popped out side of her room and grabbed my wrist, tugging me into her room.

I looked at her in alarm, but the smile on her face made me loosen up. I raised a brow at her in wonder.

"I was wondering if I could make you clothes, in fact I have some already made if you want to try them on. I've never had anyone try on my things that I've designed, I would be truly grateful if you did," she said, beaming with happiness.

But I could see through her exterior. At first sight Mary was a full of light, beaming with energy and happiness. But if you looked closer, you would see that she was lonely and tired.

I nodded at her making her smile widen further and her eyes shine. She hurried over to her closet, opening it, I saw a pile of folded clothes at the bottom of her dresser, she filed through them pulling out a dress.

It was a greatly revealing dress; a black strapless, that would hug your curves, two slits starting from underneath the hips, the hem of the dress kissing the floor. Although, revealing, it was undoubtedly stunning.

I blushed, imaging myself in the dress. As tempting as it was, it was very inappropriate, especially if Tobias somehow saw.

Picking up on my hesitation Mary waved a hand in the air. "Next time," she said folding it back up before pulling out a shirt.