T w o

Mary lead me to a black BMW with tinted windows, parked underground with many other expensive cars.

When we got into our seats I started to fiddle with my fingers as I stared down at them. While Mary turned on the car, pulling out of our parking spot.

My eyes darted over the interior of the car. It was safe to say that I have never been in one. But the speed Mary went made it easy for me to adjust, in fact it seemed to lull me into a deep sleep.

~~~

I woke up to gentle shaking and a sweet voice softly saying my name, opening my eyes I found Mary lightly shaking my shoulder.

She smiled at me once she saw I was awake. I sat up properly and rubbed my eyes before taking in my surroundings.

I was most surprised when I realised that instead of tall buildings and many cars as well as people surrounding us had been traded for a vast meadow. Long grass and all sorts of coloured flowers went on for what seemed like forever, there were a small wall of stone surrounding the stone house as a square barrier from the tall grass.

On the inside of the square were beds of flowers, small and tall trees as well as manicured grass, flowers underneath a white stone birdbath attracted bees and the birdbath itself brought many small birds to play in the water.

The house was a stone building with sweat peas running over half of it's side, flowers already starting to bloom. It was quite a big house, something a rich family of four would live in. It all looked like something out of a dream.

I turned to the car and a look of confusion fell upon my face.

"It goes around the back in a garage." Mary said answering my unsaid question.

"I'll just put it away, you can make yourself comfortable in the lounge room."

I nodded before walking through the gate into the garden then followed the stone path to the wooden door, I opened it seeing that it wasn't locked and walked in to see a long light grey hall with lamps on the wall to light it up and furniture such as a wooden table pushed up against the wall, the hall lead to a wooden staircase.

I walked closer to the first doorway on my left and looked inside to see the lounge room which consisted of a black rectangle rug, a glass coffee table in the middle of three black leather couches, a fire place before the set up and a tv above the fire place.

I sat down on one of the leather couches waiting for Mary, when she did finally come in she smiled at me and sat down in the leather couch across from me.

"As you know, my name is Mary, I'm the caretaker of any place Mister Arlington goes. You, are now my apprentice. I will train you and show you how to do things the way Mister Arlington likes it. He does have quite a temper but he really is quite a softy."

I nodded.

"but you look tired so today you can adjust and just sleep, but tomorrow you will have to be up bright an early. Before dawn."

I nodded as she stood.

"Follow me. I'll show you to your room." she said walking off, I quickly stood and caught up to her.

She lead me past the stair case, down a hall that had two doors opposite each other.

"this is my room and that is yours." she said pointing at each as she spoke. I walked into room she pointed at when saying "yours" which was the one on the right. It was a nice cosy little room. A king single bed pushed up against the wall with a nightstand beside it, a dresser on the opposite wall and a full length mirror beside it. A grey rug on the floor to protect my feet from the cold wooden boards.