Chapter 18

©Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved

~Jean

My thoughts swirled in my head as I laid in Demetris huge bed. I didn't know what to make of this life I was in and I didn't know if I wanted too. Honestly I did miss the outside world.
My best friend the cold hard feel of my gun in my hand and mostly the freedom. In here I felt like a little kid that couldn't leave out of their play room. Sighing I rolled over to my side just as the bathroom door opened. Demetris walked out wearing only black shorts with a towel rubbing through his thick brown hair.
I could feel my face burn at the sight of him. Well at least it was some upsides to being stuck here. His eyes looked up at me and I could see slight bits of red swirling with the silver. He came over until he was near the edge of the bed where he sat his back to me. Without thinking about it I moved close to him until my hand touched his back. He shivered lightly at my touch but didn't move.

My hands rubbed up the hard smooth skin of his back and marveled at his flawless skin. Slowly my hands went into his thick silky hair. He made a noise at the back of his throat as I continued combing through it. It was still wet from not being dried properly. "I'm sorry" I heard him say making me stop my hand movements. "Excuse me" I asked leaning over so I could see his face. He looked thoughtful. "I shouldn't have left you here on your own even with the protection of my elites I shouldn't have left at all. All those old fools and their repeating talks about laws and systems I should have kept letting them believe I was dead."
Slight anger burned in his eyes but he still remained calm and relaxed. "Aren't you important or something" I asked my hands sliding down his huge bulky arms "i remember when I was little seeing them coming here a lot to talk to you." He shrugged "it doesn't matter to me if I'm important or not if they have unreasonable things to talk about they could send me a letter in the mail."

I smiled "you don't think your important." He shook his head "not as important as Kyza and Romen seem to think I am." At the sound of those names I could feel a slight shiver travel down my back. "Are they important" I asked leaning farther on his back. He felt slightly cold which meant he hasn't ate in a while I frowned as he began to speak. "They are the first vampires to have ever exist no one really knows how they were made or where they came from. They just existed like they popped in from thin air."

He sighed grabbing my hand and kissing it lightly "it all seems so weird I mean Romen made me but who made them I was always so curious." I shivered as his hand tighten around mines. "Demetris your freezing" I said laying my head on his shoulder. He only shrugged "haven't been all that hungry really." I frowned at him "you can't just starve yourself you know that right" he chuckled as if I was being funny. He turned towards me a small smile on his face "what does my not eating bother you" I shrugged acting as if I could care less. "Can't have you all weak and unless now can we" I said shaking my head. Before I knew it I was being pinned down on the bed him hovering over me.
"Useless" he said a question in his voice but a grin on his face. His hand grabbed mines placing them above my head holding them down. I looked up at him flushed and confused as he leaned in closer his eyes swirling silver and red. "Yes useless definition not of any help" I said trying to keep my cool as his body laid on top of mines. He chuckled before leaning down and placing small quick kisses on my neck. My whole body went warm and I quivered under him.
"Something like how you feel right now" he said before licking my neck causing me to moan softly. I hated when I made any noises that made him know I was physically attracted to him. That would just tell him straight forward how I feel for him and for some weird reason I felt like he already knew it

"I never feel useless" I said trying to sound strict but it came out as more of a whimper. He only chuckled looking up at me in my eyes "the outside world has really hardened you up what happen to the little girl who needed help with everything" he said his face hovering over mines. "She grew up" I said rolling my eyes. "I see" he said his other hand grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him. I quivered at the cold feel of his fingers on my bare skin. I stared him in his eyes and noticed the smothering heat inside them.