Chapter Thirty-one: The Message

Начните с самого начала

Just before Mark's unit could escape the room, they were stopped by an incoming stampede. Everyone was frantic, eager to leave the room through the only exit, which was where Mark and Haechan are at.

"The bar!" Haechan pointed at the bar, not too far from where they are. Nodding, Mark didn't hesitate to run towards it, with Haechan following behind him.

One guard saw them and informed the others about it. "Two of them are on the run!" They aimed their guns in various kinds and sizes towards the two but couldn't find an opportunity to shoot. The crowd was blocking them.

Getting nearer to the bar, Mark noticed the crowd blocking them from the guards was about to disappear. With one last step, he leaped mid-air and dove straight behind the bar. He did a roll before settling down, leaning his back against the bar and placing his gun in front of his chest. Haechan did the same successfully just before the crowd left completely. As he settled beside Mark, bullets started to rain down on them.

"That was a close one!" Haechan exclaimed before flinching when a bullet passed through the bar and hit a bottle inside the display area. Another one passed through successfully and hit another bottle.

"Renjun?" Mark decided to reconnect with him.

It only took a second for Renjun to reply. "I'm here."

"What's the situation out there?" Mark asked, pressing the button at the side of his gun to eject the magazine.

Unlike what Haechan had thought earlier, Renjun wasn't slacking off despite disconnecting from time to time. He was busy commanding Jisung's unit and was aware about what was happening.

Renjun checked through the cameras, his eyes shifting from one to another. "I can say it's bad." He stated. "Nine guards are inside the room and another wave is incoming. They are already on two floors below you."

"Nine, you say?" Mark checked the number of rounds that he had. Four. He pushed the magazine back inside. "I guess we can handle the ones in the room for now." As much as possible, he couldn't waste bullets for these men. He needed a lot if he had to save Koeun.

He watched the men through the reflection on the remaining bottles inside the display area while Renjun continued to talk. "Jeno's unit is preparing now. They are coming for you."

"Good to hear then." Mark gave Haechan a nod when the gunshots stopped before they stood up and aimed their guns at the enemies. They quickly shot four of them before hiding again. Another round of bullets rained on them, splinters of wood flying here and there and glasses continued to shatter at their sight.

Panting, Haechan asked Mark. "How many rounds do you have left?"

"Two." Mark answered, the gunshots continued to fill the air.

"Alright," Haechan let out a breath, thinking that he already had three left. "let's finish this." The gunshots stopped again, and they took this opportunity to shoot the remaining ones in the room. One by one, the unconscious bodies fell with a thud on the floor.

Seeing that they finished shooting everything in the room, they didn't waste any second to climb out of the bar and ran out of the room, but as they did, they saw the wave of men with guns Renjun was talking about from the other side of the hallway, but before the men could shoot at them, two guys in suits exited the room as well, each holding MP5's.

"Jeno." Haechan called. "Jaemin." The two boys did not have any time to chit-chat and quickly fired their guns at the men.

What Renjun meant earlier by Jeno's unit preparing was that the boys hurriedly collected the bag of weapons that they had settled outside one of the huge, glass windows. They had set up a pulley beside the window, with the bag attached at the end of the rope.