Frightened

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I've had so much writers block for Stranger Things. I wrote this maybe a month ago but didn't really like it but whatever. It's giving you guys something to read.

El reached down into her bag, pulling out the house keys and swiftly unlocked the door to her and Mike's house. At age twenty-two, they had both put in some money (with a little help from his parents as well) and bought a fairly large house in a nice cul-de-sac in Hawkins. It was about only ten minutes away from his parents house.

Then when they turned twenty-four, they got married a couple years out of college. During college, they  lived off campus starting sophomore year in a small apartment in Ohio (they'd been attending Ohio University) and Mike took classes to become a science teacher, and  took some online courses since he wanted to be an author as a side job. He didn't find the need to drive all the way to Indiana every morning to be taught how to start a paragraph.

El, on the other hand, needed to go to school full time and work for what she wanted to become. She had considered becoming a doctor, then a nurse, and finally made up her mind to just become a middle school counselor at Hawkins Middle. Both her and Mike both work at his old middle school, and El had recently just gone back to work since a little someone decided to come along. 

The door opened and she walked inside, hanging her bag on the hanger beside the door. She stepped further into the apartment, smiling when she saw Mike sitting on the couch, a laptop on his lap, and a cartoon playing on the TV.

In front of him, sat their little bundle of joy. Eight month old Sara Wheeler bounced happily in her baby bouncer as she watched her show on the TV.

Instead of sending Sara to a daycare like most people would, they dropped her off at the Byers' for the day. Joyce and Hopper certainly didn't mind. Joyce missed having kids around the house and Hopper never really got to be around young kids often. El was okay with the idea of sending her to a daycare but Mike was against it. He had a point though: it was too much of a risk.

Of course, she knew what he meant. There was too much of a risk that people were still out there from the lab, searching for El. If they sent their baby out at some random place where they had no idea who worked there, who knows what anyone would do if they found out that Sara was hers.

He didn't want to risk losing his daughter. El understood wholeheartedly. Mike had already lost her when they were just teenagers and that broke him. She heard from their friends what he was like and it wasn't pretty. She couldn't imagine what he would be like if he lost not only her but Sara too. 

Speaking of Mike, he glanced up at her and grinned. "Sara! Look who's home!"

Sara looked up from the TV and over toward Mike. He pointed over to El and the baby whipped her head around. She squealed and bounced excitedly in her bouncer, clapping her hands.

"Hi!" El exclaimed with a little wave. Sara lifted her arms over to her and El hoisted her out of the bouncer and into her own arms. "How are you?" She kissed the top of her head.

She never knew how she got this lucky. She had an amazing husband who would do anything for her if it meant she'd be happy. They had the most beautiful and energetic baby girl anyone could ask for. She was so adorable with her caramel eyes she got from El and her darker black hair she got from Mike.

What had she done to deserve all of this? El had been kept in a lab half her life (she was twenty-four) and was told she was nothing but a freak or a monster. Now, every morning when she woke up, she was told she was a beautiful human being and an amazing mom by Mike.

El wouldn't have changed anything for the world.

"How was your day?" El asked Mike as she rested Sara on her hip.