Chapter 10

I opened my eyes and blinked against the bright moonlight. The wind was making the leaves dance and I realized this was the night I walked away from Jordan. I looked down at myself and saw I was wearing a long white dress that shimmered ever so slightly in the soft lighting.

I searched the scene in front of me and saw Jordan and myself sitting on that cold, hard bench. I stepped closer and heard myself yelling. I cringed and felt my eyes tear up. I watched myself storm away but then I turned back to Jordan. He put his head in his hands and I heard him crying quietly. He held his hand over his necklace and yanked at the chain, trying to rip it off his neck. I fought for control of my body and when I did, I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. He looked up, finally seeing me and he kissed me passionately.

I woke up sobbing. Dreams can be the sweetest but the memories are painful. I pulled my sheets back over me and tried to fall back asleep, hoping for no dreams. I fell asleep sooner than I expected but this time, to another dream.

It was the same scene as last time. I had just finished yelling but instead of walking away, Jordan continued to talk to me and this time, I calmed down. He managed to convince me it would be alright. I watched us kiss and walk away together, hand in hand.

I woke up with more tears as I realized what I had just seen. Two different options for two different choices. I saw what happened after I left, minus the kiss, and I saw what would have happened if I hadn't walked away. Which choice did I wish I made? Do I regret my decision? "No." I whispered to myself. "I made the right choice." I glanced at the time and was disappointed to see it was two in the morning. After a moments thought I grabbed my phone and called Cody.

"Tessa this better be important."

"It is. I need you to drive me somewhere."

"Tess." He groaned.

"Please? I really need to do this."

"I'll be right over." He grumbled before hanging up. Less than ten minutes later I heard his car outside. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun, grabbed what I needed and quietly went downstairs. I waved at him as I locked up the front door.

"Where to?" He asked as I slid into the passenger seat.

"The park."

"Why?"

"I need to take some pictures and stuff."

"At 2 in the morning?" He exclaimed.

"It's important." I insisted. "If I didn't need you I wouldn't have called."

"It's not even that far."

"I'm not going to walk around town by myself at 2. Even if it's only a few blocks."

"Good point."

"Okay we're here. Just park over there alright?"

"Okay?"

"Thanks. Come on."

"What's all the stuff for by the way?"

"Just follow me." I told him as I speed-walked towards the bench. I dumped my stuff in a pile and let my fingers trailed it's cold stone before I snapped out of it and set up my camera. "Put on the coat." I instructed him.

"I have a coat."

"No I need you to wear that one."

"Okay then."

"Okay can you come and sit on the bench? Sit facing the parking lot as if you're calling after someone." He did as I asked and I felt my eyes water up. Jordan had given me his coat after the restaurant since I forgot mine. I hadn't given it back yet. "Good. Okay now I don't want to see your face so turn it slightly the right." Again he did as I asked and I took a couple pictures from different angles.

In all of the pictures his face was shadowed but it was missing something. "Here." I dipped my finger in a small puddle of relatively clean water and starting at his eye, I drew a trail with my wet finger. "There you go."

"Tessa it's cold and dirty."

"Doesn't matter. You can wipe it off in a second." I promised. I took several more pictures, this time the light only hit the water and it reflected the moonlight beautifully. "Okay that should be good."

"Can I see?"

I shrugged. "Sure." He gasped when he saw them. Looking at the photo you couldn't tell who it was but you could see their coat and the lit up tear on the subjects cheek.

"Woah Tess. These are amazing."

"Thanks but I'm not done yet."

"What do need to do?"

"I wanted to take some general pictures of the area and then some using my tripod." I told him.

"Do you still need me?"

"Yeah you need to model for me."

"What pose and can I take this coat off?"

"Yep I need it now."

"Here you go." He shrugged off the jacket and I took it from him. I set up my tripod and put the jacket on. I sat down on the bench and instructed Cody on how I wanted him to sit. Thankfully it ended up being dark enough that night that you couldn't tell Cody had blonde hair, not brown. Again, I took several shots and got up to look at them. "Lets see." Cody joined me and peered over my shoulder. "Woah. Tess I'm serious you're crazy good."

"Thanks. I'm almost done. I just need to take some pictures of the scenery and then we can go."

"Okay. Can I sit on the bench or will I be in the way?"

"Um, I just need a couple of the bench and then you can sit on it."

"Alright." He leaned against a nearby tree as I took my shots. After about half an hour I started putting my camera away. "Lets go." I called.

"Back home?" He asked as he started up the car.

"I want to get these printed and maybe get a hot chocolate while we wait?"

"Sure if you want."

**

"Can I take a look?"

"Go for it." I gave him the envelope and he opened it carefully before taking the stack of photos out. On the top of the pile was the picture of the bench by itself with the trees behind it. The next was of Cody staring towards the parking lot looking like he was devastated. The last was of the two of us, sitting the bench holding hands as we looked into each other's eyes. Looking at the picture you couldn't tell it was Cody or me, exactly what I wanted. It just looked like two people in love.

"They're beautiful."

"They're for the years in the future when I've forgotten about it. I've finally realized I don't regret meeting him and I could never take back what we did together."

"But you're not matched."

"It doesn't matter. I love him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah double update :O what is this? Lucky you guys :) I really wanted to write a dream scene so I did and I hope you guys find it interesting. Dedicated to LollerGal123 for all of her amazing comments! Thank you so much for all your support!

Question of the Chapter

1. What do you think about Tessa and Jordan still being in love despite not being matched?

2. How did you find this book or me in the first place?

Hugs

Erika