Chapter 4

"Tessa?"

"Hi mum."

"How was it?"

I smiled to myself happily. "Lots of fun." I propped my bag up against the counter and sat down on a stool.

"That's good. Where'd you go? You look awfully happy."

"We went to Krista's, you know, that little coffee shop? Then he showed me the best pizza place in town."

"Is it actually the best?"

"Without a doubt the best pizza I've had in a very long time."

"Even better than mine?" My mom asked in fake hurt.

"Yeah sorry."

"It's okay Tess." She laughed. "I'm glad you had fun."

"It was fun yeah." I said, staring out the window.

"Are you doing it again sometime?" You look like you're waiting for me to ask you something."

"I'm doing it again." I grinned. "He asked me and then just before he left he asked if I wanted to make it a date."

"And?"

"I said yes."

"Tessa's going on her first date!" Mom squealed excitedly as the front door creaked open again.

My dad smiled as he walked in the kitchen and gave mom a quick kiss. "What was that? Did I hear the word date?"

"Someone asked her out today." She nodded.

"Jen you're more excited than Tess." He laughed.

"I'm happy for her that's all."

"I'm just overwhelmed Dad." I assured him and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he passed me. "She is a bit overly excited though isn't she?"

"Just a little bit." He agreed.

"Oi you two. Unless you want to cook dinner you should stop laughing at me." She teased.

"Yes ma'am." I saluted her, trying not to burst out laughing.

"I'm going to change out of my work stuff then I'll be right back."

"I better unpack my bag and stuff too."

"You guys are just trying to get away from me!" Mom protested.

"Now why would we do that?" I teased, sticking my tongue out. "I'll be right back." I said as I took my backpack and headed up to my room. It was pretty small compared to most peoples rooms but I liked it like this, it was cozy. I set my bag down on my bed, pulled out all my binders and put them on my desk. I threw my bag across the room in a pile and checked my phone. I smiled when I saw I had a text from Jordan.

J: Hey

T: Hi what's up?

J: Nothing just wanted to know if you were serious about what you said

T: What did I say?

J: That you wanted it to be a date

T: I meant that

J: Really?

T: Yeah :)

J: Great does Sunday around 5 work for you?

T: Yep

J: Okay good I'll pick you up

T: Uh what should I wear?

J: Casual but not jeans casual if that makes sense?

T: Kind of not really

J: I don't know just wear something nice