After a moment, she realised standing around doing nothing was near enough pointless, and made her way around the car. Pulling the door open, Abby dropped into the passenger seat with a huff, head leant back against the headrest. Dick entered the car the same way, a few moments later, letting out a long sigh. She rolled her head to the side to look at him.

"What the fuck just happened, Batboy?"

He met her gaze with a raised eyebrow at the nickname before his face relaxed. "I think we just met our replacements."

"Yeah let's not call them that," Abby groaned, sitting up, and grimacing again, "My pride has taken enough of a beating today."

He watched her quietly for a moment. "Abs. Let me look."

"It can wait," Abby reassured him, "Barely skin deep."

Dick scoffed, turning back to the wheel, "Sure it is. The trail of blood you left really supports that."

"It hardly even hurts," Abby protested stubbornly.

"Liar." Dick Grayson saw straight through her.

She scowled but soon became preoccupied with frowning as she noticed the lack of sidekicks in the car, and a pained glance over her shoulder showed they weren't still by the trunk either. She turned back to Dick.

"Where'd the half-pint and Katniss go?" Abby questioned, brows knitted together.

He looked up from his bruised knuckles gripping the steering wheel. "Went to get their civvies. Said they'd be back."

"And you just let them go?" Abby blinked, beginning to climb out the car. "Dick, there are armed killers on their w—."

Dick's hand landed on her undamaged arm, holding her back. He gave her a pointed look. "They were trained by Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen. They'll be fine, Abby."

She held his gaze for a moment before huffing and leaning back into the car. Her brows were tight with complexion. After a moment, her voice came out hesitantly.

"Do you think the Junior League back there is half as good as our team were?" Abby questioned, her brows quirked. "I know the League have been looking for new blood since the Team and then the Titans disbanded... but do we really need any more teenage boys dressed like colourful chickens running around?"

Dick turned to throw her an offended look. "You really think I look like a colourful chicken?"

Abby reached over to place a comforting hand on his arm, only for her voice to come out full of snark. "Yes."

"Very funny, Lance," Dick replied, shrugging off her hand.

She laughed to herself, the two falling into a comfortable silence before the teenagers reappeared at the backseat doors, grinning ear to ear. As they clambered in, the engine started up in the car and a few minutes later they were pulling out onto Chicago's streets, Dick wiping the dried blood from his nose with a tissue.

"Can't believe it," Jason finally blurted out, unable to stay quiet any longer, "Here we are together, in the same car." He glanced at Abby. "Don't get me wrong, Tremors, you're just as much of a legend — it's just... wow... Dick Grayson in the flesh. So cool."