FIFTEEN.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
ALMOST.

THIS WAS NOT HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE

THIS WAS NOT HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE. And, coming from the girl who periodically said fuck it to plan A through Z, that meant a lot. Abigail Lance had been stressing about the fact that both of the two teenage girls she'd found herself in custody of had vanished. As in, off the face of the earth.

Atlantis would be easier to find. And that's known as the Lost City. Pun intended (even though it didn't work as she'd been there herself before). Nevertheless, the fact that the man she had once loved so much it hurt to think about was dying on the backseat of Kory's stolen car was not particularly how she expected their reunion to go. But with Abby Lance and Dick Grayson, was it really a surprise?

"God forgive me! God forgive us!"

A gentle hand on her elbow and shrieks of a soul crushed nun returned Abby to the present situation. That being, herself and Kory had no fucking idea where Jess and Rachel had vanished to — and its not like they left any clues, and any that they had was probably cinders and embers in the foundations before her.

Abby's grip on Jess' badge tightened and she felt the sharp pin dig into her palm. How could she let this happen? Her eyes rose to meet Kory's, whose soft touch was leading her by her elbow back towards the car. The magenta haired woman looked pensive. And mildly distressed. But mostly pensive.

"We should never have left them." Abby's first words since one of the sisters spilled the story were empty. Void. Ironic seeing as her face was flooded with regret. "They were kids. Kids, Kory. This is on us. If one of us had jus—."

"Okay, let me stop you right there," Kory cut in, letting go of Abby's arm and turning to face her. "Firstly: Are kids. They aren't dead. I can feel it. Secondly, this isn't on us. We thought they were safe. We couldn't have known any better. All we can do now, is find them."

"And save Dick."

"Yeah... that, too."

Abby smile lightly at Kory's tone. Her brow furrowed as she thought about having to break it to Batman that his latest sidekick and tech whiz was missing and his prodigal son turned detective was dying and there was nothing he could do to stop it. She stopped mid thought. Tech whiz. God, she could be slow sometimes.

"Kory. Car." Abby took off before waiting for a reply, racing towards the vehicle with reanimated vigour.

Dick barely stirred as the brunette hurtled into the car, dropping down onto the driver's seat, turning on the car and barely giving Kory the chance to clamber in. Abby's eyes darted back to him and softened, only a fraction, only a glimpse. She gripped the steering wheel tighter.