FOUR.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
THE REUNION.

TAKING A STEP BACK FROM THE DOOR IN SURPRISE, Abigail suddenly wasn't sure when to intrude

TAKING A STEP BACK FROM THE DOOR IN SURPRISE, Abigail suddenly wasn't sure when to intrude. Getting involved in someone else's business never ended well, and as much as she loved him, Abigail knew how Hank could get when he was angry. But when the sound of glass shattering reverberated through the walls, she didn't waste a second in kicking open the door with a bang and rushing inside.

Discarding her bag on the floor, she headed straight towards the source of the noice, rounding the corner just in time to see windows explode and a blue haired girl expel what Abby could only describe as a fucking demon as she screamed stop. In all fairness, it worked. The two men flew apart from each other, now covered in shattered glass and wearing shocked and alarmed expressions. All eyes fixed on the girl, who looked more terrified of herself then they did, as she slowly backed away from the scene she'd just caused. As soon as Abigail saw her face, she knew — Rachel Roth.

"I'm sorry," Rachel whispered, stumbling back before she fled the room.

Abigail watched her go, still not quite believing that she had actually found this kid. When she turned back to the other four, all their eyes were now fixed on her, who had broken in just as hell, it appeared, had quite literally broke loose. A bomb going off probably would have shocked them less. Abigail Lance had vanished off the face of the Earth four years ago, and now here she stood, in the middle of the room as though by magic she had just appeared. A ghost, a revenant.

Hank and Dawn's expressions soon morphed from ones of shock and surprise to a wicked smile of fondness and an overabundance of joy, respectively. Both lit up at the sight of their friend.

Then Abigail saw him. Her dark gaze landed on the brown eyes of Dick Grayson and for a split second she forgot how to breathe. Her heart stopped. From his worn sneakers to the mess of hair on his head, he handn't changed one bit. She took in the slight bruise on his cheek and the cuts on his hands, her mind flashing back to the times when she'd have to patch them up after a night on patrol. The sight of him alone made a small smile want to pull up the edges of her lips and she had to fight it down brutally. Memories were dangerous comforts.

The man before watched her too, the haze from the force Rachel had give off had blurred his vision but as soon as he had seen Abigail the world came into focus. For a moment, he looked at her in such a way you wouldn't think the rest of reality existed. She was it. The entire cosmos fitted into the form of this woman. He took her in from her blackened cheekbone to busted lip, from the surprised arch of her eyebrow to the traces of cuts and scrapes that marred her fingers. She was how she had always been — beautiful, in a brutal and bloody and dangerous way.

Four years came down to the space between them which one could cross in three steps, if that. The world held it's breath and the two of them just stared. Anyone else could see they wanted to speak, wanted to rush to each other, but no words came to mind and they were left stretching for each other across the silence. Dick Grayson's eyes practically begged Abigail Lance to run to him, to promise she didn't hate him, to hold him and fix him. Abigail Lance looked like she had just seen a fucking ghost.