TWENTY THREE.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
THE BIG PICTURE.

"I'M NOT SURE WHY, but

"I'M NOT SURE WHY, but... some part of me never thought I'd see this place reduced to rubble." Abigail Lance's words were surprisingly soft as she looked out at the charcoal corpse that was once Black Manor.

Dick Grayson looked over to her, silent for a moment, watching her sift through the debris. Dawn was just breaching the horizon, the sky blushing softly as it's periwinkle strands began to weave through the indigo satin of the night. The rising sun encased Abby's figure in a halo of gentle light, morning breeze nudging her hair playfully.

He dropped his eyes to the ground, moving a few more pieces of concrete before raising them to look across at the wasteland before them. His expression was dark and cloudy, shrouded in uncertainty.

"That's because you knew the people it belonged to. It's strange to think the home of people like Maya Black and Barry Allen could fall overnight." He finally said, turning to look at her again. A small smile spread across his lips. "Maya is gonna be furious."

Abby let out a hoarse laugh. "Do not want to be there for that family dinner."

She stood to her feet, lips still curved upwards, and lifted her hand towards a large piece of stone. The familiar sound of her powers hummed to life, vibrations erupting from her palm, casting the stone aside like it was nothing.

"You're getting pretty good at that again," Dick pointed out softly, looking up at her.

Her gaze fell to her hand before moving to him with a faint shrug of her shoulders. "What can I say? Vigilantism's done wonders for my self-esteem."

"Why didn't you take it back up sooner?" Dick asked her, hesitantly. He saw her shoulders tense.

He dropped the question as soon as answer didn't leave her lips, knowing he didn't have the right to push her to open up anymore. The two continued shifting through the rubble in silence, until, finally, she spoke.

"It didn't feel right. I couldn't do it alone." Abby sighed deeply in perplexion, "Being a Titan meant something else after everything that happened." She fiddled with a shard of metal as she faced him, "How did you go back?"

Dick stared for a moment before replying, eyes dropping to the ground sorrowfully, "It was all I had. I'd lost everything else."

She didn't respond, watching him return to his work. After a moment her wandering gaze caught sign of a glinting black object partially buried under dust and stone. A frown etched into her features, and she made her way forwards, pushing through the debris until she was looming over the object reflecting the sun's rays. Squatting down, Abby gently brushed crumbs of dirt and flecks of ash away to reveal a GPS.