EIGHTEEN.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
THE TRUTH.

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD ALWAYS PREFERRED THE TRUTH

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD ALWAYS PREFERRED THE TRUTH. Over false idols, white lies — even over her wildest dreams. She'd take the harshest truth over the softest lie. And how the hell Rachel (her bets were on the demon child) had managed to bring Dick back from the abyss was a cruel truth she was determined to solve. Still — Wally would have a field day explaining the science behind this one.

She may have seen witches and warlocks and demons and probably her fair share of aliens, but it did not mean the brunette would roll over and accept the simple answer of that can't have been me or I didn't do anything when asking for an explanation for Dick's abrupt recovery from The Accident.

Giving it a name helped her process the fact the idiot nearly died. Died because of her. She was gonna have to use that name a little longer, and by that she meant a lot lon—

The smell of grease and warm bread interrupted her inner thoughts.

Abby's nose crinkled up partially. Chinese had always been her go-to takeaway. Not pizza. Maybe that was because Gotham's Oriental Rose was the only place that would serve the bloodied band of misfits that showed up, covered in dried dirt and armour, at one in the morning (after sneaking out of Wayne Manor to take down the likes of the Riddler and Penguin).

Maybe it was because she had a childish weakness for prawn crackers. Who knew?

Either way, it didn't mattered all that much when Kory dropped two boxes of pizza down on the table, as the six of them huddled in Abby's room, and the smell of it wafted over to her. Before Garfield could even reach for one of the boxes, she had pulled a piece out. Roof of her mouth burning from the hot food, she turned to look at Dick.

"So what's the plan, Detective?"

Dick sighed, tiredness enveloping his expression, turning his eyes dark.

"Very reassuring," Abby teased, her lips curling up.

He looked back to her, "Feel free to make the plan yourself."

"Yeah... hard pass." Abby crossed her legs on the bed as she continued munching away on the piece of pizza.

Dick resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her and turned to the whole group, "Look, we all have a common enemy—."

"We do?" Jess questioned, a frown setting into her forehead "Last time I checked, I did not have a homicidal-family after me — and a convent of nuns did not just try to lock me in a cellar Rapunzel style."

"Thanks," Rachel muttered quietly, hidden under her breath as her shoulders deflated.

Abby placed a hand on the girl's shoulder and offered a pitiful smile, "It doesn't matter how we got into this or whether or not these people are after us — they're coming for someone we care about. That's enough to make us allies."