\thirteen\

Shawn began trying much harder for Beyoncé's attention. At first he said he didn't care for their relationship, but a few days ago he realized that he cared more for it far more than he lead on in the beginning. He knew Beyoncé's feelings were there too, all he had to do was press her like he did to get her attention in the first place.

He went to the market this morning and decided to make some breakfast for the whole house. He couldn't cater to Beyoncé without catering to the kids as well, but he didn't mind it at all.

Beyoncé was the type of woman to deny her feelings for someone until she was blue in the face, so he wanted to show her that he could be everything that she wanted and needed him to be. They could make it work despite everything. Their love was undeniable. All that was in the way was pride and outside judgement.

Shawn didn't care about what anybody else had to say. He knew Beyoncé did though, which was sort of understandable. How would she look going back to the man that actually murdered her brother?

He whipped up the waffle batter and began making waffles. "Daddy? You cooking today?" Corey asked coming in the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

"Yessir," Shawn said as he cracked the eggs into the pan to scramble them. "You like eggs, right?"

"Mhm." Corey came and stood next to him in front of the stove.

"I got the turkey sausages too, I hope y'all don't be eating that pork shit. It's not good for you."

"We don't." Corey shrugged. "Ooooh... Mommy going to be maddddd." He dragged out.

Shawn frowned. "What? Why now?"

"Because you're using a metal spatula in her good pan." Shawn looked down at the pan he was cooking eggs in and sighed. He was definitely scraping up the nonstick surface and Beyoncé sure was going to be mad at him. Maybe the breakfast would soften her up.

"I'll buy her a new one." Shawn smirked and nudged Corey. "Don't tell on me."

"I won't." Corey assured him and held a conversation with him until he was done cooking.

He made B a plate, a cup of coffee, and added fresh fruit and a glass of orange juice. He even garnished the tray with a flower.

"What you think, yo?" Shawn asked showing the tray to Corey

"What you think, yo?" Shawn asked showing the tray to Corey. "Am I doing too much?"

"Nope, my mommy deserves the best. She makes us breakfast in bed every year on our birthdays. But we never did it for her before."

"Cool." Shawn said and quickly made plates for the two kids and placed them on the table. "You go get your sister, I'm going to take this to B."

"Okay, thanks, Dad!"

"No problem." Shawn headed upstairs and knocked on Beyoncé's door. It was 8am so he was sure that she wasn't awake yet. He and Corey were both early birds.